8. Hurt Twice

Song: The chainsmokers ft Daya -Don't let me down

"Life with you could never be boring." -Chuck Bass Gossip[p Girl

Trigger wanring- Rape

-

-

-

-

-

***

"What? Where are you?" I reply laced with dread.

"At Luke Bear's," She replies. 

"Who's that? Scratch that, where's that?" I ask.

"Don't get mad, promise?" She says. Was that really important right now?

"I won't," I reply 

"San Fransisco," her answer comes through.

San Fransisco, was this why she asked me for money the other day? "What on earth are you...," I pause and take a deep breath.

"You promised you wouldn't get mad!" She accuses. Was that really important right now? i wonder. Letting out a deep breath to calm down I reply, "Go on,"

"I... a house party. Hestia, he's trying to ...he was trying to force himself on me," The phone slips from my hands but I swiftly catch it and place it next to my ear.

"Jesus Blair!" I exclaim. "I'm coming, make sure you're hidden. Are you hidden? Who else is there? Have you called the...," I pause as another call comes in.

"I'm in a room, I'm not sure whose? It's at the top floor. Hestia please hurry," I hear her cry back. 

I nod. "Luther's calling, don't worry, we'll come get you," I reply and disconnect quickly answering the call.

"Hey Hestia!" I hear Luthers voice come through.

"Luther where are you?" I quickly ask. 

"I just saw you last week, miss me that much?" He says his voice laced with mirth.

"Blair...Blair," I pause crying unable to finish the words as I feel my throat constricting finding it hard to breath.

"Hestia, pause," he says to which I pause.

"Take a deep breath in," he says, and I draw in my breath. "Now release it," he says. I release it. He repeats the same direction twice and I follow along, before fnally feeling like I can breathe as I hold dearly unto something.

"What happened to Blair?" He asks.

"She's at a party at Luke's, Luth she's in danger," I say tears falling from my eyes.

"Luke who?" He asks.

"Luke Bear, do you know him?" I ask filled with fear and hope.

"I do, I'm close by. Don't worry Hestia, I'll be there to get her in a bit. She'll be okay, I promise," he says to which I nod my fingers digging into my palms.

I shut my eyes and take deep breath before opening it and releasing my hands. My eyes widen in shock. The palms my nails were digging into were not mine but Helix's. When did he come over?

"I'm sorry, omg I'm so sorry," I say grabbing onto his bleeding palms. This was the second time today he'd bled because of me. My eyes move to his arm that I'd treated. How was it that I only ended up hurting those around me?

"I'm so sorry, I'm so sorry," I cry out unable to stop the tears. Helix says nothing instead, pulling me into his arms and hugging me tight as I bawl out the emotions of fear, helplessness at not currently being in San Francisco, not being able to do anything to help Blair, but only being able to wait.I couldn't do that. I quickly loosen myself from his arms and get up walking forward

"Hey where are you headed?" Helix asks. I pause and glance at him.

"I need to go, I can't be here, Blair needs me. How far is this place San Francisco?" I ask.

"San Francisco? That's about 5 hours from here if I speed," he says.

"5 hours, she doesn't have that," I say and falter but my hand is held by Helix, who holds me up.

"Hey, look at me. Calm down and tell me what's wrong," he says. I look into his eyes. They seemed sincere, but...I shake my head and shut my eyes in prayer. 

"Please God, let Luther make it," 

****

This update is quite short and purposely so. Will update again hopefully prior to Sunday so I'm hoping to give you two updates this week(No promises), but we'll see how that pans out!