12. Good Girls Go Bad

"I remember everything you've read to me. In case you haven't noticed I don't really let go of things so easily." Serena Van Der Woodsen, Gossip Girl

Song: Good Girls Go Bad Cobra Starship ft Leighton Meester

***

"You're not by any chance planning on getting me murdered are you?" The text reads

I look up at Helix confused.

"What?" I type back.

"I mean you've denied me twice. I'm just making sure I'm not about to be crucified or something," he replies.

I chuckle in understanding and glance at him with a look that said "Really?" He shrugs. Shaking my head, I type back. "Peter denied him while Judas sold him out , two different people," Helix

"Same difference. I mean...I also thought you were Eve, then you became peter, what's stopping you from becoming Judas?" He replies.

I place my hands over my forehead a smile on my lips. Lifting off my hands I type,""I'm sorry for denying you after agreeing to be your friend. That was wrong of me and I apologize,"

"Rejected," 

My mouth opens in shock reading the response. I glance at him once more, he shrugs and sips onto his drink looking away.

I was tempted to tell him to go hug a tree, but I knew he was teasing and I was at fault...I take in a deep breath and reply.

"How can I make it up to you?"

"Will you admit you know me to them?"

I glance at the folks chatting happily and no longer discussing the project but other campus gossips. If I admitted now that I knew him after denying him and acting a play out for them I'd be the topic of their gossip. I didn't like or want that. Helix was okay, his reputation wasn't the best, more gossip especially connected to a girl probably added to his notoriety. 

I couldn't afford that. My reputation was the total opposite. Plus if they asked why I lied, what would be my reasons? Why had I lied to them? Even I didn't know, it was a reflex action.

No it wasn't- the little voice in my head replies.

Fine it wasn't. If I'm being honest, I didn't want to be associated with Helix publicly right now.Hence, admittance to knowing him or my lies was out of the question. I knew that but couldn't tell him that. Not after all he'd done for me the other day, that'd seem too ungrateful and make me seem like a jerk.

"Anything else? Promise I'll do anything else but that," I type back.

"Make an excuse to leave. I'll meet you outside and provide you with details," he replies.

I look up and place my phone down.

"Guys, I'm sorry. I just got a message from my roommate about a leak from my room. I need to leave, is that okay?" I ask

"Of course, I'll message you on Facebook. I don't think I still have your number," Sophie says. I nod in thanks and step out. Once outside I walk over to the corner of the street and lean against a pole watching as people walk by wondering what they were thinking and what was going on in their lives. I loved people watching.

I am enveloped in my thoughts unaware of my immediate surroundings  till I hear a voice next to my ear say, "You actually waited?"

I turn around to Helix grinning at me.

"You asked me to," I state in reply.

"True, but I expected you run, Jonah style," He says to which I chuckle.

"Goodness, you know how to hold a grudge don't you?" I ask to which he shrugs.

"Try getting denied a number of times and tell me how it feels, I suddenly understand how Jesus must have felt," He says placing a hand over his heart with a feigned hurt face.

"Dude I apologized," I say amused.

"And I rejected the apology," He replies 

"Even Jesus had to make Peter claim him 3 times. Surely you didn't expect me to just accept an apology now did you?" He asks to which I roll my eyes.

"Wow, she not only lies but also rolls her eyes, little Miss Judas has an attitude I see,"

"Only with you," I reply.

He smirks and leans in to whisper. "I like that I bring out the bad in you," 

"That makes one of us," I reply to which he chuckles and grabs my right palm in his shocking me and making me freeze. 

However, he turns around and looks at me with a sincere smile and sparkling eyes that seemed  so comforting and genuine I couldn't bring myself to take my hand away and instead  relax. Letting my hand stay in his as he pulls me away.

***

Where are we headed? lol

If your friend denied knowing you, twice! Would you forgive them?