4. Naz

Song: Glamorous by Fergie

"Whoever said money doesn't buy happiness didn't know where to shop." -Blair Waldorf, Gossip Girl. 

***

"Come on," Lisa says waving me towards her as she approaches a black jeep.

A guy in green pants and a black shirt short sleeve was leaning against the car while looking at his phone thorough his gold shades.

"Naz!" Lisa yells and the dude looks up from his phone and takes off the glasses revealing an extremely handsome dude.

"Hey Lis," He calls out and tucks his phone into his pocket as he walks over and opens his arms. Lisa does a light jog and jumps on him, her legs straddling him. An action that causes me to be taken aback. I wonder if I should look away. However, he places his hands below her ass and walks over to the side of the car.

"Hold on, my roommate," Lisa yells jumping down from his arms she opens the side door and pops her head in front of the car.

"Roomie, so sorry girl! I just realized I do not know your name," Lisa announces to which I smile and shake my head.

"Hestia," I announce as I come closer.

"Like the Greek goddess?" Naz asks to which I nod in surprise. "You like Greek mythology?" I ask.

"Not me, by the way I'm Naz. Lisa's boyfriend," he says walking over and opening his hands to me for a hug.

"Dude I told you to stop that," Lisa echoes from behind him.

"What am I not your boyfriend?" Naz asks.

"You're a boy that is my friend, but she doesn't know that's what you mean. F***k Naz it's not funny anymore," Lisa says getting into the car.

He winks at me, shrugs, and reaches for a hug. Avoiding it, I give him an apologetic smile. "Nice meeting you, sorry I don't do hugs," I say to which he places his hands over his heart.

"Wow the second rejection in a matter of minutes, thanks ladies," Naz says to which I reply, "I'm sorry, I truly do not do hugs. I promise it's not you, it's me," I say to which he breaks into laughter as does Lisa.

"Wow Naz you got the breakup line, that there is a record. Not even Helix could beat that. Dude how do you even break up before it ever started?" Lisa says to which they both chuckle.

"Omg I'm so sorry," I say flustered. "I didn't mean it that way," I say trying my best to stifle my laughter. "Nah you're good. Come on," he says waving me over as he opens the back door. I was glad he didn't take offense. I just didn't like being touched. Especially hugs, they lead to familiarity and with that comes emotions and attachment. I hated that.

"Where are we headed?" I ask settling down.

"Well first we need to get you some clothes," Lisa states looking at me through the rearview mirror.

"I'm not naked," I reply to which Naz breaks out in laughter.

"You're a hoot Hestia! Lis, I like your roommate," Naz says to which she replies.

"Too bad she let you go before it started," she says to which we all chuckle.

The rest of the ride is spent with Naz trying to make small conversation on what I'm studying and the like while Lisa spends the entire ride on her phone. I notice Naz glance at her several times and get tempted to plead with him to focus on the road. I didn't intend to die in a car crash.

We stop by a clothing store where Lisa insists and pays for riding clothes for me. As we were apparently headed to ride horses and play polo. The riding gears were quite expensive and above what I could afford. I refuse at first as I couldn't ride and wasn't sure I'd ever use the clothes again.

"No one starts up knowing how to do things, we all learn. I'll teach you," Naz says and insists I get the clothing.

"But I won't ever ride again? It'll be wasted," I reply.

"Hestia are you ditching us right after we met?" Naz asks

"Hold on now, who's we? She dumped your ass before y'all ever dated and she's doing it again after spending 30 minutes with you. In the famous words of Hestia...I don't know what your last name is," She says

"Raymond," I reply

'Hestia Raymond, in the famous words of Hestia Raymond, It's not me it's you," She says tapping a finger against his chest. Causing me to laugh.

"That's not what she said," Naz replies.

"You wouldn't know. Aha!" Lisa says winking and pointing at me. I laugh along though I didn't fully get the joke.

After a couple of pushing, I agree, and Lisa pays for the clothing. We then drive off to the stable that I found out from Naz belonged to Helix'

"Wait like he owns the entire stable and horses and all?" I ask in shock.

Naz nods. "It's a private club his dad..."He pauses and continues," Yah it belongs to him," He says causing me curious about why he didn't continue the sentence, yet understanding some things are better kept private.

Minutes later we drive into a luscious land filled with green grass. We stop by a large black gate and the security seeing Naz and Lisa open the gate after informing them the others had arrived.

I start feeling slightly nervous. Where this "others" the same folks that had made a bet on me earlier in the day? Also, if this place belonged to Helix does that mean he would be here too? I glance at Lisa wanting to ask but decide against it. Naz was in the car and if he was also one of them... I shake my head and let out a heavy breathe. I turn and look out the window as my pointer finger picks at my thumb. 

***

Who do you think the "others" are? lol

Thoughts on Naz?

Don't forget to vote!