3. Rumors

Apologies: So I made a change to the previous chapter. You should probably read it first or the start of this might throw you off. 

Song: Rumor has it- Adele

***

Two fingers snap in front of my face waking me up from the imagination of my confronting them.

"You okay?" Helix asks giving me a weird look proceeding to stare at my bloodied thumb. I quickly hide it.

Smacking his hands away I walk over to a corner furthest from him.

He walks a little closer and I retreat further. His brows crinkle as he also halts his footsteps.

"I'm going out," he says.

"What?!" I almost scream but hold myself quickly, whispering it instead.

"Surely you don't expect me to stay through the night stuck here, with you?" He says the last word giving me a look over with a look of slight disgust. He was right, he couldn't stay here all night. A thought occurs to me. "Could you shut the main door to my room when you go out?" I ask.

"He smirks, sending a shiver down my spine. I shouldn't have asked him for that favor right?

"Now what would I gain by doing that?" He asks.

I glare at him.

"Suit your self," he says shrugging and walking towards the door.

I grab onto his hands. He looks down at my hand as if looking at something infested, I quickly withdraw my hand.

"Sorry," I say. I couldn't be rude, I needed him more than he needed me. He was a dude. Being found with a naked girl was a thing of pride for him., But for me? I shiver at the horror of judgements, tongues, and rumors.

"What do you want?" I ask.

He grins.

"Can't think of one now, I'll keep you in the loop," He says and reaches for the handle.

"Forget it," I say turning around. I had no intention of making a deal with the devil. At least not again, rumors be damned.

"Weirdo," He says to which I ignore.

"Hide behind the curtain. I'll go out and get them to leave," I hear him say.

After taking a deep breathe I walk over and get back into the bathtub and draw the curtains.

Seconds later, I hear the sound of the door opening and shutting. I let out a deep breath and get out quickly hurrying over to lock the door lest someone else step in.

"Anyone up for a ride?" I hear Helix declare.

"Hell yeah!" I hear a couple of voices call out followed by.

"Count me in,"

"Always,"

"How am I supposed to know? let's go," Someone else announces. I hear the sound of footsteps and noisy shuffling for a number of minutes before the sounds quiet down with the last sound of the door being shut.

I step out of the bathtub and shut the guest door. I walk over to the door leading to my room and pause. What if someone was still around?

I walk over to the bathtub and seat on the edge.

...

The sound of banging against the door wakes me up. Opening my eyes I realize I was still in the restroom. I don't open the door. Till I hear Lisa's familiar voice say, "It's Lisa, are you okay?" I quickly get out of the bathtub and feel a pain shoot through my neck as I walk over to open the door.

A gorgeous brunette wearing khaki pants and an orange crop top is revealed. 

"Omg, he was right," She says confusing me.

"Helix told me to come save a drenched bunny from drowning in my bathtub saying it'd be too stupid to leave. You're really still here!" Lisa exclaims in shock.

He told her I was in here? Meaning she knew I was in here with him?! The realization hit me. The horror I felt must have translated to my face as she replies.

"He didn't tell me, well not explicitly. He only told me to come save a drenched bunny from drowning in my bathtub saying it'd be too stupid to leave. I put two and two together on my way here," She explains. Was there a difference? It all lead to the fact that I was here! Plus, "I'm not stupid," i say slightly peeved.

"Hey I said Helix said, not me. His words not mine," She says adding,  "No worries I can keep a secret," She places a hand over her heart.

"That's not what I've heard," I reply.

"Excuse me?" She says eyes dilating.

"I heard you don't hide deets about your roommates hence a lot of the situations they've been dealt with,"I say.

"Is that so? Well I might as well just go tell everyone I saw you have mad sex with Helix in the rest room," 

"That's not true!" I say

"Neither was your comment yet you believed it didn't you?" She says to which I feel ashamed. She was right. I had just done what I hated the most. I knew exactly what rumors could do to a person yet I believed them and threw it at her. Regardless of whether she was involved in the bet her friends made. I was wrong also and two wrongs don't make a right.

"I'm sorry," I say sincerely meaning it. 

"Also, because I'm sure you're thinking it. I was not involved in the bet earlier. I didn't stop them but I was not involved, and you're welcome," She says turning around and banging the door behind her. 

I walk over to my room and change all the while thinking about her words and feeling guilty. I couldn't start the journey of the semester with her on such a horrible note. I had enough going on in my life and didn't need to add a horrible dorm life to it.

I step out of my room and head over to her room knocking on the door. 

After a few minutes I turn to leave when I hear her say come in.

Opening the door I quickly apologize. "I really shouldn't have done that and should know better, I'm really sorry Lisa," I say.

"An apology, is the least you could do. I accept and i'm sorry for not standing up to the dumbos earlier on your behalf," she says and pauses as her phone pings and I turn to leave so she can handle her business. 

."So you no longer believe the rumors?" She says causing me to pause. i turn around and glance at her to ensure she was talking to me. She was looking at me.

I don't," I reply.

"Fine, let's put those words to test," She says.

"What do you mean?"

"Come out with me tonight,"

I didn't want to.

"See, you still believe it," She says.

"I don't," I say unsure if that was said to convince her or myself and hating myself in the process as I did. I didn't want to, but I did.

"Then prove it by coming out with me tonight, no questions asked," She says.

"Promise me it won't be illegal," I say.

"Oh, it's not illegal, I promise," She says a glint in her eyes.

***

Don't forget to vote

Why did I change the last chapter? It works better overall for what i need to do with the story. It'll make sense in future :)