24. Eve's Adam

Song: Secrets - One Republic

"She doesn't know me. Nobody knows me. It's cool. It's fine." Dan Humphrey Gossip Girl

***

"Helix," I call out scared. It's been a few minutes and he hadn't said anything as I was seated next to him on the floor while he had his head against the wall.

I quickly take out my phone and start dialing 911 when I feels cold hands wrap around mine."Don't, they're more important people," he says.

"Helix, you're not any less important," I say appalled he'd think that way. He opens his eyes and glances into mine. He then smiles, "Are you about to embark on one of your random too good to be true speeches?" He asks his eyes sparkling.

I push him away. "You must be okay seeing as you have the energy to be snidely,"

"It hurts," he says voice laced with pain with his hand over his chest making my face crinkle in worry before realization hits that he was not injured, how could he be in pain.

"Helix!" I exclaim playfully slapping him to which he chuckles and wraps his arm around my right hand.

"Just let me rest my head for a bit," he says to which I shake my head. He's incorrigible, but I couldn't say no as my lips break into a smile allowing him to place his head against my shoulder. I feel his body relax and stay quiet, after a while I move to ask. "Is it the syncope?" but stay quiet. Sighing I look down and notice a tattoo on his wrist. I place my hands on it and trace it. It was a drawing of two men, one was seated holding some sort of instrument. While the other was behind him with his hand to his back.

"Zheteus and Amphion," Helix says causing me to look down and realize he had his eyes trained on me making me flustered.

"Who are those?" I reply pushing my attention back to the tattoo which I assumed he was referring to.

"Your name is Hestia," he says.

"And?" I reply perplexed.

"You really have no idea?" He asks looking slightly surprised.

"Should I?" I ask even more confused. He sits straight, my heart slightly drops, saddened by the loss of his closeness brought by his  head leaving my shoulder.

"Not necessarily. I'd just have thought you might, considering you're named after a Greek goddess." he says pausing, "You are named after a Greek goddess, right?" He asks looking unsure. His unsure look was simply too adorably funny that I chuckle, "Yes helix, and are you named after a vacuum?" I ask jokingly.

"She's got jokes, but yes," he replies.

"Likewise," I say pausing as his full words register, "Wait are you kidding?" I say in slight disbelief.

"Well to be specific, the vacuum is named after me. It's one of the businesses we own," He says lackadaisically, to which I gape, "Just how rich are you?" I ask.

"Enough," He replies and winks to which I shake my head, yup incorrigible.

"So you said not necessarily?" I ask loving the banter between us.

"Ah yes," He says as if recalling something, "They're not quite popular, they're more infamous,"

"Why? Did they murder someone?" I ask jokingly.

"Yah themselves," he replies.

"Wait they killed each other?" I ask flabbergasted.

"No, they committed suicide," he replies shocking me.