Chapter 21:flame of my heart

Sawyer screamed, and ran quickly. Cleo could heal him, and then he could play PUBG again. He was like a damsel in distress, and Brooklyn would feel bad for him and save him, and date him.

It was ironic actually. Sawyer wanted it to be the other way around, where he was the prince, he was the man for Brooklyn, but the way he was bawling his eyes out and shaking his arm all over the place made him look like the helpless princess begging to be saved. And in this case, Brooklyn would be the prince. It was all too messed up in his head.

But he was in too much pain to think about it right now. Plus, this was the only way to get Brooklyn to date him, so there was a positive for being the princess in this situation.

He found Cleo talking to Brooklyn at the main entrance hallway of the school. The gray-ish skinned girl, Pearl, who was rumoured to actually be a sea animal, was there too.

His heart skipped a beat as he peered at Brooklyn through the gigantic glass windows.

She's gorgeous, he thought before he winced in pain once again.

Brooklyn's blonde hair was up in a high ponytail, with a cheerleading bow tied in, and she wore a sparking, shiny pink dress with glitter all over that could blind your eyes. Her face looked like a barbie, as usual, with an extra overdose of gloss and pink lipstick. She was tall too, but only with her 3 inch high heels making her look about 5'7".

Shrimpy had stalked her online, and realized that she was 5'4, and eleven inches shorter than him, and for some reason he thought she was like a little cinnamon roll.

Suddenly Cleo screamed when she looked at him, and he wiped a fake tear, "Percy bit my finger off, can you heal me?" He asked in a nasally voice trying to sound small and cute. But he was a troll. He could never be small and cute.

"Um, sure?" Cleo said, looking disgustedly at him.

Sunny was right about how gross he looked. And she really didn't expect him to barge in and ask to be healed all of a sudden. After all he did to Sunny, her precious Sunny, how could she heal him? But she rolled her eyes and did it anyway.

"Thanks,"Sawyer mumbled, but even though he said it to Cleo, his eyes were fixed on Brooklyn.

Luckily, his face was under his hood, otherwise they would've seen him drooling, his face as red as a tomato. And worse, Brooklyn would see his monstrous troll face.

Cleo held his thumb, and Brooklyn looked at him mystified. She couldn't see his face, and his body was covered up by his baggy clothes. He was tall, his face covered up, one with the shadows. She looked at him in awe. How tall, dark, mysterious, and she loved a man with a mysterious and dark past. He never talked.

Little did she know that she could not be more wrong. PUBG was Sawyer's past, present, and future.

"It'll take a couple of minutes," Cleo said, trying to look emotionless.

"My stupid cousin Sunny is such an idiot, and he's so selfish, and just tries to act heroic, like he's so annoying! And he never leaves me alone!" Shrimpy grunted furiously.
Cleo gaped at him. What an evil waxy troll! She stared at him, letting out a little angry goat bleat. Plus, he'd shown up at the hospital and done everything for his friends! He was the kindest soul she'd ever met.
She was tempted to dislocate his thumb, and made the healing process as painful as possible. BB didn't notice her 'friend's' feelings, since she was too in love with Sawyer. She loved guys with a dark past, and he certainly looked like one of them.

Sawyer screeched as Cleo attempted to jab his thumb onto his bleeding hand, pushing it with force. She then used her healing magic to attach the thumb back on, trying to make the process hurt.

She'd never made someone in pain when healing, but with this troll, she had to make an exception. He'd hurt her sweet, kind, innocent, good-looking, amazingly compassionate Sunny. Sunny was the sun of Cleo's life. He was hers and she was his. They belonged to each other. They were soulmates.

"Oh my gosh Cleo, you need to stop!" Brooklyn said suddenly. "Stop! That is Sawyer Duncan, so stop, he has had his finger bitten off by a cannibal, so the least you could do is make it less painful!" she said, her lips sticking out.
Her face was struggling to make expressions, since she'd gotten lots of plastic surgeries at a young age, along with extreme lip fillers. Her facial muscles were mostly frozen at this point. Not that anybody knew, since she'd never admit it.

"Of course, Brooklyn. I am forever indebted to you," Cleo said, and loosened her grip on Sawyer's thumb. But inside, she really didn't mean it; the words felt forced out of her mouth ever since she met the others and started to get tired of Brooklyn.

"That's right, say it again, and say exactly what I want you to say," Brooklyn said snobbily.
"I am forever indebted to you Brooklyn," Cleo said again, although internally she wanted to kick Brooklyn with her goat hooves.

Behind his hood, Sawyer couldn't help but blush uncontrollably. He tried to pull his hood lower to hide it, but it kept forming, totally obvious that he was blushing now. Brooklyn smirked over at him and winked, and Sawyer's heart fluttered.

She just smirked at me. No way. Does she know I'm blushing? he thought, his body swelling with happiness and pride. For some reason, he had this extreme desire to go over to Brooklyn, pick her up, and hug her. I love you, Brooklyn, sweetie, Sawyer wanted to say, but was too shy to say it, so he saved it in his thoughts.

Meanwhile, Pearl scoffed at him and Cleo rolled her eyes. But Brooklyn kept smirking at him, her pearly-white teeth glistening in the sunlight. Sawyer wondered if she was really actually a goddess.

"Are you okay, um what's your name?" Brooklyn asked.

"I'm Sawyer," he said, still buried underneath his hoodie.
"Are you okay Sawyer?" she asked.
"I will be, as soon as somebody shows me love," he said, trying to act innocent and sweet, but in reality, he was just trying to gain sympathy.

"Oh, you poor little thing,"Brooklyn pouted and placed her hand on Sawyer's shoulder, making the butterflies in his stomach become more like phoenixes flapping their giant fiery wings instead.

Cleo glanced at him like he was absurd, and then she looked over at Brooklyn, making a confused face at her. Cleo wondered when she ever had that much sympathy, especially for some ugly troll guy. Brooklyn never vibed with ugly, that was for sure.

Finally, Sawyer's thumb felt back in place, healed. He didn't even seem to notice that it was healed since he was so focused on Brooklyn.

"Ok, I'm finished, now go away," Cleo snapped harshly. She suddenly bit her lip when she noticed the piercing glare given by Brooklyn.

Sawyer showed her his straight face and let out a quick "Thanks" before he sped out of the hallway, glancing at Brooklyn one final time.

"Bye Sawyer!" Brooklyn called in a chirpy voice from behind.

"Bye, flame of my heart," Sawyer whispered under his breath so nobody would hear, and blushed.

And for once-he was mixed about this feeling-but it felt like he forgot about PUBG for a split second.

Because he was thinking about Brooklyn the whole time.

It almost felt wrong, but right at the same time. Sawyer couldn't bear to think about forgetting PUBG, even if it was for a tiny bit. But there was always Brooklyn, who was the flame of his heart, and he just couldn't forget about her either.

He was mentally torn between them.