Chapter 22: The Transition

Thirupathi was currently avoiding Harrison, since he thought that it was Harrison's fault that Rajesh was mad at him.

So Harrison was walking around, waving his wand, and tossing it back and forth between his hands.
Meanwhile, Nan, Nikki, Beth, Sam, and even Sunny were all walking the dogs. They'd talked for hours about deep truths about their school, and how Dipankar and Thirupathi Raju had no powers whatsoever but still went to this school, and then they zoned out into how disgusting Brian was. It was just part of their friendship.
The sun was beginning to set, night falling after for the first time, a normal day. Well, technically the Percy situation had to ruin its normalcy, so it wasn't normal after all, but at this point, when was any day normal?

Harrison threw his wand up in the air, and before he could catch it, suddenly the wand was pointed directly at Frankie Cactus Bonham Kennedy, and suddenly with a flash of white, Frankie flew up in the air and landed back on all four paws. Like a cat.
"Hey Nan, Nikki, Beth, Bud, and Sam. Oh right, you too Sunny." They all looked at Frankie, horrified.
Sunny started to scream.
"IS THAT MY DOG TALKING?" Nan screeched.

Sunny, holding his stomach, like he always did when he was scared, vomited on the sidewalk.

"Ew, you've really got to stop doing that," Frankie remarked. "You've done it like way too many times, and it's gross."

Nikki screamed as loud as she could, and Sam went deadly pale, frozen like a statue.
Bud barked at Frankie and he smiled. Actually smiled.

"Um, are you sure this isn't a dream?" Nan cried. She wiped her eyes and pinched herself, just in case.

"By the way, now that I can fully speak, I don't really enjoy being a male, it doesn't feel right, I don't like the way I feel, I just can't fake it anymore Nan, I can't pretend to be happy, it sucks and I feel like dying everyday, I can't handle it," he sighed, swinging his head down.
"Frankie, what pronouns would you like?" Nan asked, stooping down, ruffling her dog's fur.
"I think I'd like the she/her pronouns. But my body doesn't feel right, and I hate it so much," he said sadly, staring at the floor, feeling a weight roll off of his back. He'd been trying to say it for so long, but nobody understood.
"Harrison!" Nan shouted. "I demand you to make my dog a female dog!" she demanded.
"Okay!" Harrison said happily, eager to practice his skills.
"Oh wait, do you still want to use the name Frankie?" Nan asked quickly.
Frankie made a motion which looked like a shrug. "For a little bit I wanted to be France or Francesca, but I like Frankie, it's pretty gender-neutral anyways, but if I want to be called France I'll just try to let you know and Harrison can make me talk again. Instead of being Frankie Cactus Bonham Kenedy, I'd like to be Frankie Cactus Kenedy, without the Bonham" he explained.
Nan nodded, and Harrison waved his wand, as Frankie flew up into the air and after a white explosion, Frankie seemed a bit more different, her stature just a bit smaller, and she looked so much happier.
She held up a paw, admiring her newfound looks, she looked absolutely paw-tastic! She quickly went up and put her paws on Harrison's legs, and licked his calf in thanks.

"Aw, you're welcome,"Harrison said, chuckling.

Frankie felt free, and for the first time in her life, happy.