14. They are crazy

Start from the beginning

It dawned on me that he wasn't kissing me in front of everyone because he couldn't resist the temptation. No, he was doing it to prove a point – that he could do whatever he wanted with me, and no one would stop him.

I was at his mercy, a mere possession to him. He wanted to show off his dominance and shatter any hope of escape.

And just like that, tears started falling down my cheeks as he deepened the kiss, groaning into my mouth. I could hear Ashley's shouts, but no one came forward to intervene.

Zev's aura became more dominating with each passing second, and his cold presence sent shudders of fear down my spine. He was overpowering me with his kiss, showing me exactly who was in charge. I peered around, silently pleading for someone to step in and help me, but all I saw were sneers and dismissive glances.

"Look at this shameless whore!" Hactor sneered at me, and Steven turned his back on us in disgust.

"Let me go, I'll kill that bastard!" Ashley yelled at Nate, but he held her wrist tightly, unmoved by her rage.

"She's marked, Ashley. It proves she's definitely his mate," Nate stated coldly, as if that justified everything.

I gasped for air as Zev finally released my lips, leaving me breathless and disoriented. My vision blurred with tears as I stared into his golden eyes, feeling utterly defeated.

"There is no escape, mate," he said, his voice laced with satisfaction as he sniffed the air, claiming me as his own.

The humiliation turned into anger, and I mustered whatever strength I had left. "We will see," I said defiantly, my gaze unwavering as I looked challengingly into his twinkling eyes.

I may be marked, but I refused to let him break my spirit.

His lips curved upward, amusement washing through his features like a sinister dance. "And here I thought your scent is the only thing that's turning me on," he chuckled, his touch sending shivers down my spine.

The figure standing behind Ashley and Nate caught my attention, and I felt a chill run through me as I saw Galina's pale blue eyes glowing, almost white.

At the same time, Zev's grip around my forearm tightened, his nails digging into my soft skin as he took unsteady breaths, seemingly in some kind of pain.

Confusion etched my face as I looked at him, trying to understand what was happening.

A strange, electric hum filled the air around me, and suddenly, I felt a primal energy enveloping me. The source of this energy was Galina, but I couldn't comprehend how or why.

Amidst the chaos of Nate and Ashley's argument, Steven's back turned to us, and Hactor tending to his injured friend, I felt a shift in Zev's aura. The dominant cold presence was giving way to something warm and familiar. As he met my gaze again, I saw the sapphire orbs that belonged to Ansel, a stark contrast to the coldness of Zev.

Ansel... it was him. His warmth washed over me, momentarily soothing my fears. I glanced back at Galina to see her eyes returning to their normal pale blue color.

But what had she done? It was as if she had some form of control over Zev...but how?

Ansel's odd expressions - a mix of guilt and shame - puzzled me. He suddenly stood up, taking a few steps back, moving away from me.

Our eyes remained locked, confusion and unreadable emotions swirling between us. It was as though I was facing someone with multiple personalities, shifting from one persona to another.

Amidst the turmoil, Ashley's anguished screams drew my attention. Her words were directed at her mother.

"I told you to do something, but you turned a blind eye to everything!" Ashley's words echoed through the room, highlighting the anguish and desperation in her voice.