Camilo: I'll Miss You

You arrived at La Casa Madrigal after a long day. It was a rare occurrence that you had enough time to visit, which was disappointing, because you loved spending time with your boyfriend.

Camilo was incredibly understanding of your situation, which only made it harder to spend so much time away from him.

Finally, though, you were able to raise your fist and knock three times. The door swung open for you, and the tiles moved like they were an ocean wave.

"Hola, Casita," you greeted the house with a laugh, stepping inside. The tiles on the ceiling shifted to greet you.

The house must have alerted everyone else to your presence because Camilo's door swung open with a bang. He scanned the floor below until he spotted you. "Yo!" He ran to the stairs, which turned into a ramp, and he slid down, nearly tripping once he reached the floor.

You laughed as he scrambled over and practically lifted you off the ground with his hug. "It's so good to see you!" he said.

"You too," you giggled, wrapping your arms around him. "It's been ages."

"You can say that again," he grumbled, beginning to pepper your face with kisses. You grinned as he showered you in affection, knowing there was no stopping him once he got started.

He finally stopped, but he continued to look at your face in adoration. "So...wanna go hang out in my room?"

"Sure," you said, and he grabbed your hand, taking you up the stairs.

-

When you were both sat on his bed, he clapped excitedly. "Okay—guess what happened today?"

You quirked an eyebrow. "Um...you killed someone?"

He snickered. "No."

"You...committed arson?"

"No!"

"You—"

He groaned. "Please stop guessing, mi querida." You closed your mouth, eyes twinkling, and he exhaled eagerly. "I...got very sad that you weren't around." He leaned back, looking proud of himself.

You blinked. "That's it?"

"Also I got you this," he laughed at your expression, reaching over to his nightstand and lifting a small, thin box off of it. He handed it to you, biting his lip in anticipation, and you kept your eyes on him as you suspiciously took the lid off.

You gasped. Inside the box was a necklace with a golden chameleon pendant. You glanced up at your boyfriend, who shrugged with a tiny smile.

"You're always talking about how much you like the chameleons on my outfit, so I got you one for yourself," he explained. "You don't have to wear it," he added hastily.

"I'm going to wear it forever," you said firmly, lifting the necklace out of the box. "It's beautiful, Camilo. Thank you."

His crooked smile brightened at the positive words. "You're welcome, preciosa." He watched as you fumbled with the chain in frustration, and he chuckled. "Um...do you want some help?"

"Yes, please."

He took the necklace from you and unclasped it, and you scooted closer to him so he could help you put it on. "Thanks—again."

He smiled and booped your nose. "No problem, amor."

You gently touched the necklace, tilting it in your hand to see it shine. It was truly a beautiful gift, and so thoughtful of Camilo. The next chance you got, you needed to get him something he would like as well.

You glanced outside suddenly and grimaced. The sky was beginning to take on a honeyed orange color, signaling that it was getting late. Already, you could see the slightest hint of stars poking through the atmosphere.

"Oh, no," Camilo said as you turned back to face him. "I know that look. Don't say it."

You sighed. "Sorry, mi pequeña joya, but I have to go—" You yelped as he suddenly grabbed you around the waist and pulled you against him. "Camilo!"

"Nope!" He hugged you tightly, sitting behind you, and put his chin on your shoulder. "You're not leaving me that easily."

You groaned, halfheartedly trying to push him away, but his grip was stronger than it looked. In truth, you didn't want to leave either, but you had to be the responsible one right now because Camilo sure as hell wasn't going to. "Amor, I have a curfew, you know."

"Can't you stay a little longer?" he whined. "I'll miss you if you leave!"

"And I'll miss you, but I have to go!" you said, trying to stand up and laughing slightly at his immature behavior. "You'll live without me, you know."

"It's not a life worth living!" he exclaimed dramatically as you pulled yourself off the bed. He was forced to let go so he wouldn't fall to the floor, but continued to sit glumly, crossing his arms with a pout.

You reached over and ruffled his hair. "Ay, mi vida, I'll visit you tomorrow. How's that?"

He brightened instantly with puppyish excitement. "That sounds great!" He grabbed your hand and kissed the top of it, then let you go.

You chuckled and waved at him, walking to the door and turning the knob. You were already out of the room before he called, "I love you!"

"Love you, too!" you replied, shutting the door. You giggled to yourself, then began to head for home.

I was smiling so much while I was writing this lmao