Dolores: Irritating

You were not a quiet person. You couldn't go five minutes without popping some sort of bone in your body, clearing your throat, or fidgeting in general.

Dolores knew this about you, and she thought she was ready to handle it when she became your girlfriend. After all, she loved you.

But when as two of you spent one-on-one time together—you sitting on your bed, her sitting on a nearby chair—you really got on her nerves. Why couldn't you sit still? Did you have to crack your knuckles every thirty seconds?

She inhaled through gritted teeth, trying not to get upset. It wasn't her place to tell you how to live. You'd had those habits even before she met you.

But as you hummed under your breath for what seemed like the eighth time in a row, she very quietly said, "Amor?"

You looked up from your notebook, pausing your writing. "Yes?"

She cringed, feeling terrible for the words that were about to come from her mouth, and said, "Could you sit still, please? It's distracting me."

Your eyes widened. "Oh! I'm sorry, I forgot about the super-hearing for a minute."

She nodded, thankful for the reminder of why she loved you: You didn't look at her and see her gift. You saw the person she was on the inside.

"Thank you," she murmured, and you nodded with a small smile.

About five minutes later, though, you looked at your girlfriend with a small frown. "Dolores?"

"Hm?" She looked up from her book. You were fidgeting slightly where you sat.

"I kind of need to move," you admitted. "But I don't want to bug you"

She chuckled at your guilty expression and put her hand on her side. In doing so, she pulled some earplugs out of her pocket. "I just remembered I had these," she said in surprise. "Squirm away."

You grinned as she put the earplugs in, popping your fingers gleefully.

Dolores let out an amused sigh through her nose. It was a strange relationship the two of you had, but it worked.

Dolores would HATE me what with how often I pop my fingers

And no, this isn't me self-projecting hahaha what makes you say that????