chapter 74 - more time

Start from the beginning

"What was that like?" I brought up. "I loved seeing my grandmother whenever I could."

"I loved seeing him, too. But I never had a choice in it. My parents didn't know how to deal with me, so they just brought me to him. If I was at his place, they didn't have to worry about all the stunts I pulled."

A loaded sigh was audible. That this situation still bothered him, didn't go unnoticed. Even if I couldn't change his past, I was glad he wanted to share all of this with me.

"Talking about it, thinking about him, I'm glad my parents let me stay with him. I spend the majority of my childhood with that old man and I'm glad I did. Despite it not making sense to me when I was young."

"He must've loved every second with you, too." I spoke when I took Harry's hand in mine.

I liked how we were able to be so transparent about our youth. Being intimate together was sensational whenever it happened, but to talk about the good and the bad parts of our lives was just as important. And to be able to do it so effortlessly was wonderful.

"All of this changed the relationships you've got with your parents, didn't it?"

"It did, but they are the one to blame." he declared without a moment of hesitation. "I'm sure I haven't been easy as a kid, but not taking responsibility for my upbringing isn't excusable. I just think, dropping me off at my grandfather's house, wasn't the right solution. They should have fought harder instead of giving up so easily. Then again, it doesn't surprise me they chose the easy way out."

We went on and on about how his youth had shaped him. The way his parents raised him didn't sit right with me. Needless to say, there was nothing we could've done about it. Thankfully Harry could save himself and grow up in this world without his parents. Yes, he lived with them for many years but they weren't the kind of parents you expect every child to have.

A different cab took us back hours after we arrived at the restaurant. We had had a good time but longed to take our clothes off, slip into something more comfortable, and watch a movie together.

Harry had bought popcorn and drinks earlier that day, which we would enjoy while watching the movie. It was Harry's turn to choose what to watch therefore I wasn't surprised when he had chosen an action movie. Like many times before, I had no say in the matter and had to sit through the whole thing.

Luckily, I got to be entertained by his remarks during the movie. Even though he had seen the movie on numerous occasions, he didn't like it when I told him I hadn't even heard of it. My lack of action movie knowledge was the reason behind tonight's pick, which wasn't that brutal. I didn't find the movie entertaining to watch, but his unnecessary comments about the actors or the events made it bearable.

If it had been my favorite movie of all time, I would've asked him to shut up. However, Harry was allowed to share his opinion and the plot while the movie played on the big screen. And, aside from his constant chatter, I was cuddled up against him which made up for the whole thing.

We fell asleep on the couch after the credits started rolling. Harry woke me up a few minutes after midnight, so I'd join him in bed. Sleepily I managed to get to the first floor, take my make-up off, and cover myself up underneath the sheets.

Harry pulled me closer the minute he laid next to me and we both fell asleep.

My morning started with kisses being planted on my neck. I couldn't help but smile when the tickling feeling woke me up. After turning around his handsome face was the first thing I saw in the morning, a beautiful view I could wake up to every day of my life.

"Are you ready for our last hours at this place?" he asked with his morning voice, instantaneously turning me on.

"What are we going to do?"