Hugs

"Why won't you let people help you?!"

"Because, I need to help myself!" She screamed. "Don't you see? I can't have everyone hold my hand all of the time! I don't want to be held and coddled like 'oh poor thing, she's been hit by her father. Poor dear, her Dad never loved her'!" She panted in anger.

Toshi knew her body language, he knew her little movements. She was pissed off that he got a little closer to the truth. She wasn't telling him everything though, he knew it.

"Maybe that's what you need."

"Oh, tell me what I need, Toshi. Please do tell." Her sarcasm was mixed with rage.

"Come here, Sisu." He opened his arms. She looked at him as if he were insane, what the hell?

"No, stay away from me. Who the hell knows what you'll do." Her voice sounded lighter than before, the old Sisu coming back, to hide her demons.

"What you're scared of a hug?"

"Is that what that is?" She pushed her tears back. "Looks like you're holding up an imaginary bus." She joked. All Might chuckled, he was happy that she was joking around with him again, part of him was also sad that her pain ran away and hid.

"Please, it'll cheer you up."

"No, you're just going to squeeze me to death."

His arms were still out, waiting for her. She sighed and gave in, entering his warm embrace. "There, satisfied?" She asked.

"Yep."

They stayed that way until Sisu pushed him away playfully, "Two words. Anti, perspirant." She jeered.

"Pfft!" He snorted.

"Yo, your pits smell like a dumpster fire, bro." She joked further, Throwing a pillow at him. He caught it without a problem and threw it back at her, "Very funny, you should be a comedian."

"Thank you." She smiled.

"Well, I admit it's nice to see a smile on your face again." He confessed. "But I wish you would open up to me more." He said seriously.

"...Maybe if I get more of those hugs." She bargained. All Might let out a boisterous laugh.

"Oh, and I thought they were stinky hugs." He laughed out.

"Not going to lie though, I know now why all your fans hug you." She admitted. "They feel really safe."

All Might smiled at the sentiment, "I never run out so, they're here whenever you need one." He said reassuringly.

"Okay." She put her Lute away before looking at him again. "You know, Toshi. I've always wondered why you were never a Dad."

"Why would you think that?"

"Because, you'd make a really great one." She gave him a weak smile. Relization came back to her and she deflected the comment, "Get on that." She joked.

"Oh, here we go. You can never leave a compliment alone can you?" He laughed.

"Hey, I'm just saying...find you a lady, make babies and be a Dad some day, I'd love to see that." She laughed at her own blunt joke and looked at All Might who had face palmed.

"Sometimes, Sisu. You're a little too bold." He looked at her. "Listen, why would I need kids when you are already a handful? Huh?" He pretended to throw a playful punch at her. She played along, dodging his jab. "Make that a bag full." He corrected himself.

"Hey now." She threw her fake punches at him.

"A trunk full of crazy." He replied. Sisu had had enough of his silly antics and gave him fake jabs one after another, causing him to dramatically fall to the floor. "Okay you win."

"Damn right, I win!" She flexed her muscles. "No one can defeat Sisu!"

"Pffft! Help me up, you lunatic." He held out his hand and she pulled him back onto his feet. "It's still a little early, let's watch a movie downstairs."

"Wait." She thought a second. "Can I play something for you instead?"

He looked surprised, she only played for him whenever she was being really annoying. This time, he noticed, she was being sincere. He nodded and pulled up a chair next to the bed where she sat. She hoisted her instrument back up onto her lap and glanced at him, "I never played this for anyone, don't laugh okay?" She warned.

"Of course not." He waited as she found the right tune and notes before she started to strum away.

"That cold day in December was the day that changed my life...in the midst of gloomy weather, you left me for the afterlife. Your spirit singing, as I dropped to my knees, oh god please bring him back to me..."

His heart felt like it was stabbed for a moment, did she write this?

"So long my good friend, your memory will last till the worlds certain end. Where ever you are, far beyond the stars, I will sing with you and you'll always have my heart. I will miss you...but I won't cry! I just wish I said good bye."

Toshi's eyes stung with the impending tears that pushed forth to give a glassy shine to his irises. He felt honored to hear such a heart felt song, he listened with intent on hearing every word.

"Your life was my sunshine to every cloudy day, every time I was with you, I laughed my tears away, your laugh and your smile, play through my head like a broken record I'll never forget." She returned to the chorus again, her voice sounding like an emotional battle cry. It was a sound that he had never heard from her before, it almost sounded like she was venting.

"I know that you're with me, every time I sing, every time I weep and every time I strum my strings. I may not hear you when you join with me, it I imagine it's a heavenly melody."

By the time she finished, she set the Lute away, pausing for a moment to contain her emotions. Not here, not now.