45. One step forward three steps back

TWO DAYS LATER 

TWO DAYS LATER 

"So, you are telling me that apparently, she hadn't been sleeping since she was seven?", dad asks me, while holding his gaze with mine, and taking the sip of the orange juice that both he and I have each morning.

"That is how the nurse in the hospital said, yes", I answer, nibbling the toast and playing with a fork.

Dad and I couldn't catch up when I came back from Luna's because he was extremely busy since the firm he is working at had a really important offer and he had to concentrate on it, doing the best to make the boss of the opposite firm book a job and accept the partnership.

I mean, even while he was busy he tried to listen and talk to me, but I didn't tell him any details, just that everything went well and that she kissed me on the cheek. He was really happy, patted my shoulder, and told me that he was right when he said that I just needed to have some patience with these kinds of girls. Scared ones.

But now on Thursday morning, we have some time to catch up, so while mom is sleeping since she doesn't have classes on this day, I'm telling him what I've found out about Luna. You can maybe blame me, for telling him everything, for confessing everything to my dad out of all people in this world, but he is the only one I believe too.

The only one that is going to give me the best advice, to help me and not tell this to anyone because considering how much Luna was pissed off that I knew, must mean that she intended to hide this secret of hers and that it matters to her that no one knows it. So, even though now when I know, I'm going to do everything to let it stay undiscovered, but as well, to help her at the same time. And the only way to do that is to tell my dad.

"Okay, and did she tell you..." I just shake my head and he nods, deep in his thoughts, while scratching his beard. "I see."

"I think that it... some car accident happened since she was asking me to get out of the car, to stop it and to go by a foot. "But then maybe she might have just been in shock and scared."

He frowns, sighing, "And she hasn't appeared after that in school?" I shake my head.

"Do you think that I should go to her house and check if everything is okay now when I know where it is?", I ask him the question that is the main reason why I told him everything of this. And because I'm desperate to know how to help her, when she doesn't want to be helped.

"I think that you should go to school now and see if she maybe shows up there first. Then after classes", he lifts his index finger in the air, "and only after classes you can go to her house if she doesn't show up in school."

"Okay." I nod, getting up and putting the dishes in the washing machine, while I drink the rest of the smoothie. I wasn't that hungry this morning, so I made smoothie and took some toast.

"If she shows up what do I do?" I turn to dad who is placing the dishes in the washing machine, too.

'You play cool."