15. I can talk to animals

I climb into my room, struggling to open the window

I climb into my room, struggling to open the window. Once, I jump in I immediately fall on the floor, my weak and hurt body collapsing on the warm, and very dirty, covered in dust carpet. I open my one eye to see if my angel pet is still asleep through the opened door I left last night. He is. He is curled in his basket, his eyes closed, revealing that he is still deep in his sleep.

Good. I was scared that my big entrance woke him up. He, same as me, has a very easy dream and can be woken up pretty quickly, by just one simple sound. I also fear that one day he is going to discover my little secret- sneaking out of the room and that grandpa is got to find out and forbid me to go where I head to. Not that Scar already doesn't know about Manuel, since he told me about that when we were coming back from part yesterday.

I glance one more time at him, seeing him shifting in the basket. He of course threw his blanket during sleep, as he always does, and no matter how many times I keep covering him, he jerks it. Continue sleeping, Scar, continue. I don't even wanna imagine what would be if grandpa found out about... Oh, wait. I just remembered something. I don't wanna go there ever again. After what happened last night, there's no chance I'm going to that illegal place again, full of men who are able to touch me anywhere and hurt me anytime.

Though I still don't remember exactly how it happened, but I'm sure and decisive that I won't go there anymore. It didn't bring me anything good, except for a little money. And I can't find money without being a stripper, right? Right?

I feel burning in my torn and bloody feet so I lift my upper body, supporting with my weak wobbly hands on the floor as if I'm doing a push-up. Fun fact, I suck at push-ups.
Once I manage to sit on my butt, I unzip the leather jacket that I was given by the stranger who saved me from walking aimlessly and hurting my feet even more than they were. He seems like a generous person, though he was annoying most of the time asking me a bunch of questions, pressing me to tell him who did this to me. As if that would change something. He wouldn't and couldn't do anything. Though it was nice seeing someone care in this not-so-kind world, and he gave me candies! I love candies so much!

I gently take off the loafers I was given as well, and take them in my hands, heading to put them in the hall, to join my old shoes, which aren't actually mine. Well, most of the clothes aren't mine, or I didn't buy them. It's all Aunt Mary and her kindness.

I walk on my toes, trying not to wake up Scar because his barking is the last thing I want right now. Right now I need only one thing. Peace, and well sleep would be nice, but I know better than to ask for something that obviously I can't have.

When I make sure that my sweet dog is still in wonderland (though, I think that he is awake, just not wanting to open his eyes just yet) I head to the bathroom, slowly opening the door which of course, had to creak. I curse under my breath, my eyes focused on the golden retriever. He moves slightly but stays quiet. Good boy. So he wants to catch some more sleep. Good. Gives me time to take a shower.