37. Flashback

"No, I wanna go back!", I pouted, patting the car floor loudly with my shoes

"But, Luna, you're going to be late, honey", my daddy said, turning his head to me while simultaneously paying attention to the road.

"I don't care!" I crossed my arms against my chest and knitted my eyebrows together.

"Lulu, calm down", my mommy turned to look at me, her voice slightly scolding me.

"I won't calm down! I want to go back and put my dress on because I won on the costume ball!"

"But how are you going to be in that long and heavy dress for the whole day? Huh?" Mom cocked her eyebrow at me. I pouted, turning my head to the window, feeling tears pricking my little eyes.

"I can and I will be!" I pat with my foot again, this time more angrily and strongly like a real brat. But that is what I indeed was- a brat who got her parents killed. But that brat was lucky enough to get out alive and live with the fact that she is the killer of her parents for the rest of her life.

"Oh, Luna, you are really unbelievable sometimes." Mom rolled her eyes and turned to the road, ending the short discussion. But I wasn't ready to finish it.

"I want to go back! I want to put on my winning dress so everyone can see it!"

"But, they have already seen it yesterday when you won, princess", dad smiled at me in the rearview mirror, but I caught mom's frown, as well.

"Not everyone was at the costume ball", I pouted even more.

"Luna, you have to stop pouting!", mom shouted. "I have already told you that you can't go in the princess dress in the school. End of the story. Now calm down and act like a good girl."

But I did everything else than act like a good girl. Actually, I acted like a really bad girl, like a brat, like my parents didn't raise me well. And they did, indeed, but I was just being an idiot, a bitch from the beginning of my life. And I'm still one.

I looked through the window and suddenly a really bad idea popped into my childish but not that innocent mind. I remember how I saw in one action movie a girl who had jumped from the car and I that was exactly what I was going to do then if they didn't let me come back home and put my dress on, so everyone could see what a princess I was. How I resemble my favorite Belle.

My little hands found the knob and squeezed it tightly. "I'm going to jump if you don't come back", I said, glancing at my parents, frowning deeply and seriously. Mom turned to me, still with her own frown covering her beautiful face. A face of anger.

Yeah, I was her princess who should have inherited her. But, it was really early for me to be a queen at seven since she had left at that age of mine. So, the throne I had to inherit, vanished and so did the fact that I was actually a queen's daughter, a princess who resembled Bella, and who believed she had found her prince.