17. I'm going to be Levin to her Kitty

I run out of the classroom, while tears prick in my eyes, blurring my vision

"Luna!" I hear someone's voice, but I don't stop.

"Luna, please stop."

I do as I'm told, and turn only to be meet with Mrs. Morgan's worried face.

"What, Thalia? What?" I never call her by her name when we are in school. But this is an exception.

"Luna..." She takes a step forward and her tall figure is in front of me, hovering and scaring me a little. It's obvious that everyone is taller than me, I'm only 5 feet. I told you, I'm small. Now you understand why even my Scar can knock me down.

Thalia's hands tuck my hair behind my ears gently, and I bow my head, sniffling, not realizing that she came that close.

"What happened? Tell me."

I shake my head, looking at the white floor with the million brown dots.

"Luna, who hurt you, honey?"

She doesn't care about Katy who told me how I should die, no, she wants to know about my damn bruises.

"No one." I avoid her eyes and look to the side at school's lockers in every color of the rainbow.

"Then what is this?" Her finger touches my bruises very gently, trying not to hurt me, and I squeeze my eyes and clench my teeth not to wince, letting out a little hiss.

"Nothing... I-I fell", I repeat the same lie that I told Marko guy this morning.

"Okay." She puts her hands on my shoulders. "Then what was that speech over there about men and them controlling us, finding victims, playing with us?"

She isn't buying this. She knows me. She knows me too well. So how the hell do I escape this now?

One word. Anger.

"I'm so sorry, Thalia that you don't think as I do! That you think that men aren't just playing with us. May I remind you that you are alone because no man wants you whenever you confess to them that you are infertile!", I yell, patting the floor with my foot as a child. And I wince immediately, feeling the burning in them, spread all the way to my calve, climbing to my thighs. Shit!

"Now if you excuse me, I have to go to jump from the train, like one of your classmates advised me."

"Luna." She catches my wrist, and I glance at her blue eyes, catching the big wave coming to drown me in it. The wave of worry. I shake my head and pull my hand from hers hardly, stepping back.

Seems that she doesn't mind how I have just insulted her badly, cruelly, evilly. That was rude, but it's the only shot with which I can get away, making her stop interrogating me, just like that Marko did this morning. I hate when people ask me so many questions, as if I were at the police station, being a suspect who may have committed a crime.