Am I... normal?

The morning was bleak, no one had slept that night either. 5:55AM. The group were inside all just doing whatever they were doing. While Alastor was elsewhere on a 'run'. Over the past weeks Quinn had gained some suspicion on Alastor. She asked more and more questions but was still as angry, and as sad, as ever without Elijah. It had been about half a week or so without him. It felt like months though. Today seemingly felt different, less sleep than usual, the feeling of impending doom filled everyone. Kyros was still holding most of the weight of the group. Thank god the group weren't starved yet. Everyone was slowly feeling like their insides were deteriorating. Loss like this isn't something most of them have even been through. Most of them, that is. And then soon enough. The door clicked. At first, there was no notice of it, everyone was too deep In their own thoughts. And then slowly the door opened. Through the scrappy makeshift defence they had. And then there he stood.
Elijah was here.

"I'm back!...?" Elijah's expression changed from happy and excited, to alarmed and in panic. As everyone in the room stared at him in wonder and shock. "What the..." those were the first words that were said after half a minute or so of just disbelief. "I- Is it you?" Quinn shouted lightly, tears forming in her eyes and it wasn't clear if she was smiling or if she was happy. Elijah and Quinn stared into each other's eyes, Elijah felt his entire heart and soul rejoice and a gust of happiness seemed to fill him. Quinn slowly approached the broken escalator; not breaking eye contact with Elijah, she sped up as she rushed over to the escalator, she speed walked down them and ran over to Elijah, hugging him and holding him closely. Elijah's knife dropped out of his hand and fell to the floor as he went numb, finally, he felt complete again. He hugged back after a second or two and Quinn's grip tightened. "I- I thought you were dead?" Quinn managed to whisper to Elijah. "Trust me, I was." He replied, smiling uncontrollably. Tears ran down Quinn's face. "Well well well, he's alive everyone!" Kyros announced to the rest. Quinn didn't let go of Elijah for a minute or so, until the door opened. Within a second Quinn staggered back, grabbed Elijah by the wrist and dragged him behind her, she grabbed her newfound revolver from its holster and aimed it at the door, waiting for someone to come through.

And then Casey walked in.
She slowly walked through the door. Quinn's grip of the gun loosened and she nearly dropped it. "... Hello..?" Casey said in a light and soft voice, disturbing the silence. Camilo dropped his gun that was in his hand, he looked at Casey, "She... she looks my age." Was Camilo's first thought at he saw her. "Oh, hey, Casey. Aha. Well, we're here!" Elijah replied to Casey, "Come in Catherine! It's safe don't worry." Elijah said to the door, and in a few seconds Catherine walked through the door. It all stayed silent for a little bit. "Are we just gonna stand here or are we gonna talk about the herd of dead on course right to our location?" Catherine mentioned. Everyone's eyes widened at that. "Alastor, you never said anything about that." Luros said, as her head slowly turned to Alastor with a death stare on her face. "Yeah! Because I didn't know it was there!" Alastor replied in an alarmed tone. No surprise, Alastor with his lies. Wonder what he's up to now... Luros slowly approached Alastor, not breaking eye contact whatsoever. Alastor slightly worried, "It wasn't my fault I-" he was cut off by Luros grabbing him by the neck and shoving him against the wall. Alastor just crossed his arms. "Atleast take me out to dinner first" he joked, not taking her seriously. "Tell me. What the goddam hell have you done now. I will not stand to have some liability of a traitor in this group. I will not deal with that." She said in a deeper voice. It echoed through the room, causing a few people to even shiver at it. Alastor's eyes slightly widened from the shock. "Okay, Jeez, but I didn't see anything, I've been covering the other areas and the last time I was there was about, maybe twelve days ago? So, it's quite possible that maybe they had come from the woods, or from camp cult, as we call it." Alastor explained instantly after. Luros spat on the floor and let go of Alastor abruptly. Alastor felt around his neck. "That hurts like hell..." he mumbled to himself. "Yeah... uh, anyways we can't just sit around here and do nothing about it, what actually is there for us to do? Maybe, some of us could investigate it, but it would be risky, since well, reanimated alone are a problem, dozens are a death sentence, sometimes atleast." Kyros explained. "We're good at what we do, it should be fine." Camilo said confidently as he went over to a few boxes they had gathered. "So, what'll it be?" Elijah asked the rest of them, majority of the people looked over to Kyros. "Why the-, anyways, I guess some of us should pack up and scout ahead, we can get the essentials just so we can plan ahead of the worst case scenario, which is, getting overrun, but then again, the world nowadays is the worst case scenario. So we'd all better be ready then." Kyros explained in a lowered tone, a few of the rest nodded, They made their way over to the group's supplies and started putting them in old hiking bags so that they were better to carry, instead of them being in crates. "Is it... safe? Here?" Casey asked Catherine, Slowly, Catherine turned to Casey. "Well, I think so, for now atleast it is."