Next one over

The lights on the town died, with only a few street Lamps keeping it light, Alice ran down the dirt hill almost tripping as everyone followed, the back of the shopping centre was dirty, with graffiti scribbled all over the bottom. As they ran towards the streets they all stopped at a groan. Kyros Peered around the corner, Reanimated roaming around up the road and he sprinted for the door, a sign said "Mall" on the top in pink writing. The 'M' on top was hanging diagonally off of the top flashin pink. He tilted his head and Luros skidded in, severing a leg of a nearby reanimated, tripping it and then she flicked the sickle into its head from above and it collapsed by Kyros. "Your welcome." Luros said before Kyros could speak, everyone jogged over making a a quiet jingle from the stuff. And They bursted into the mall.

It's almost completely empty, with piles of random scrap, it was dark with moonlight keeping it just about visible, "I'm gonna go find the fuse box." Alastor thing. "Do you know how it works?" Alice asked, "No." Alastor said quickly. "Then I'm coming." Alice said going over to him. They walked off to where Alice thought the fuse box would be.
A pile of scrap moved.
It was like it shifted in an area, something trickled down, Elijah saw it, the rest just, didn't notice. Some brown hair emerged, a woman, a very beautiful woman, she wore a purple jumper, her hair was tied back, and ripped jeans, she was thin but her clothes effected how she looked. "Who is that." She whispered. Elijah thought he was seeing things, so he says, "Your future husband." And laughs a little at his own joke, as he himself thought she was quite flourishing and glamorous. Luros and Kyros turn with firearms up. "Who the hell are you?!" Luros and Kyros shouted at the woman. "Dam, a bit expected." She said rising from the pile. Elijah glanced between the two sides and just shimmied away. The woman had a morning star with flesh stuck to it. "Wait, your the woman who screamed?" Luros asked. "You heard that?" The woman responded. "I asked first." "And I asked second but look who's got the guns." Luros said. "Fine. Yea I screamed, ran into here and wanted someone to come. Look who found me." She explained. "So anyways," she began walking over the scrap over to them. "I'm Quinn." She said. Gazing at them all. Zane and Elijah just stood and watched. "Kyros, Luros, Zane and Elijah," Kyros said introducing everyone." There's also Alice and Alastor." Luros added. The lights boomed on and blurred everyone's vision. "Woo-hoo!" Alice shouted coming from behind the stairs. Her and Alastor emerged. "Hello!" Alice said to Quinn in a friendly voice, "How do you know me?" Quinn asked. "I'm good at hearing." Alice said, "We can settle here, handled the unseen threats so we can hang here for a while, plus I've already set up my own room." Alice said. "No wonder you've not got half your stuff." Zane said. "So, you guys want to live here?" Quinn asked. "We'be been running for a while, burned a house down, been in a car chase, yeah basically." Kyros said. "I asked a yes or No question. Not for a short story." Quinn responded, Kyros rolled his eyes. "I like her." Luros said, Chuckling. "Right, let's go check out the place." Zane interrupted. They all began to walk upstairs, the escalator wasn't working, Alastor stood on it for a few seconds, thinking it would work. Then he realised it wouldn't. "Why isn't it working?" He asked. "I don't know, we're on emergency power so I guess that's why." Alice said. The top floor (second floor) was also empty, but it was clean instead. The tiles had dints but were in a fair enough state, the shops were all open, with their supplies halved, but open and useable. "Mine!" Camilo shouted pointing to the shop next to a pile of shopping carts. Elijah ran over following him after noticing the carts himself.
Camilo dived into a cart and Elijah slid over. They nodded at eachother. "Let's goooooooo!" Screamed Camilo and Elijah, "Maniacs, purely." Zane commented. "I'm having a go, who's coming with me?" Alastor asked, they all ran over.
Everyone took a cart and Elijah and Camilo came over after their spin, Quinn and Luros took one after Quinn dived in, Alastor and Zane with Alastor curled up in a ball. Kyros and Elijah with Elijah gripping the end of the cart in the front. Alice and Camilo with his legs hanging out the front. They were racing across the top floor, spinning around and then, the sun cracked into the building, putting off Zane and flinging Alastor into the side, no damage done, Zane helped Alastor up and they decided to stop. "Well, that was fun, but on a more serious note, let's go unpack." Kyros requested, the rest nodded, went into the different areas. And then there it was
A scream
The same scream That lured them in, came from outside. Quinn was about to walk out. Kyros tapped her on the shoulder and whispered, "It's a trap! We've got to hide." And they both ran and hid in a stall
Until the door flung open.
They hid behind a shelf and peered around To see the dark figures walk in, they started talking to each other and walked into separate areas, Quinn and Kyros turned to each other, Quinn turned back and then dipped into the hiding place, "one's heading this way." She whispered. The girl got closer, and closer to the shelf. Kyros and Quinn shivered, almost sweating. She saw a shoe grip. "Aha!" The figure shouted, diving into the the shelf as the grip flicker away. Nothing was there. No person. "Hmm." The figure said. A hood flickered down, "Nothing here! She shouted to inning off. Kyros and Quinn sat on the side of the shelf panting, scuttling into their original place. A conversation of one after the other saying something, they then left the building, everyone rendezvoused in the middle of the first floor. "Who was that?" Asked Alice, "I don't know, but one of them nearly found me and Kyros." Quinn replied. "Same here." Zane and Camilo said, but Camilo said it in a more shaky way, after all he was nearly passing out. "Anybody see them?" Asked Alastor trying to gain information. "I don't have anything, but I know they wore hoods." Said Kyros. "And long jackets, like cultists." Chipped in Luros. Whatever it was. We need to stay safe and stay calm, no deaths, not more, stick together." Zane.
They all walked off after a few more minutes of discussing what next, they all decided to settle, but not too much until further notice.
"Stick together? Ugh, more like stuck together."
Alastor Muttered