the other side (Part One)

Just after the Elijah incident. Camp Cult.
Elijah fell through the air, just behind the massive crowd of cultists where there was an unexpectedly large clearance, the molotov cocktail flew through the air above the cultists, leading their attention away from Elijah, as the molotov smashed into the ground, many many metres away from Elijah, Elijah landed with a thud. Elijah had landed on his left leg, taking deep breaths trying not to shout in pain. "Dam you Alastor..." Elijah muttered under his breath. He looked over too the growing, raging fire. He reached for his butterfly knife holstered by his pocket. Grabbed it and struggled to his feet, there was screaming coming from the cultists but they weren't running or overreacting. Elijah had his hand over his left leg. He limped over towards the door, still not being noticed, the cultists at the back were tall and security like. They looked a bit lifeless even but Elijah couldn't see their expressions from behind. He successfully and miraculously had made it to the door of the crowd. He slowly snuck through the door quietly squeezing through the thin gap to not attract any attention too himself. Elijah closed the door behind him and looked around, another hallway. Dirty and sandy halls with old ruining walls. He jogged down the halls in a rush, but then felt a sharp pain in his leg and began to limp along down the halls. He seemed lost, he had followed Alastor and just looked at whatever would interest him on the way there but now he was alone, he continued to go around the hallways and try navigate them. He was getting a little frustated and felt as if he was making no progress before he found a door he hadn't seen yet. He walked along over to the door and quickly snuck the door open, empty other corridor. He sped up and limped through, finally he was making progress he thought. After many more minutes of limping and navigating through the halls he finally found the escape route door. He slowly made his way out and when he slammed the door shut he collapsed to the floor, metres away from the wall. He huffed and puffed with exhaustion as he lay on the ground. He stared at the sky, there was no one left at the meet spot, it seems as if they had left no trace of their presence. Elijah was distorted, he didn't know the way back to the shopping centre or anywhere else. So he picked the direction he thought it was in and set off, with almost nothing. He set off.

Many hours later, evening.
Elijah hadnt stopped walking for hours, he was hardly limping now, with a good balance, the trees around him towered over him and it felt as if Elijah was in a maze, except he hadn't taken a single turn from the direction he was walking in. He was there for over three or four hours at minimum and the sun looked as if it was to go down soon. He didn't stop, he didn't want to camp out in the woods alone, again. He was looking into the sky pondering. There was not a single reanimated in sight or nearby, so Elijah was alone, in the forest. Quite rare nowadays to be alone, but then again it is quite rare to be alive. Elijah dragged his feet along the ground as he tiredly walked along the muddy forest floor. it felt as if he could hear cars in the distance every now and again, but whenever he shook his head the noises would vanish. It was quickly night within what felt like a blink of an eye. Elijah twitched in tiredness as he slowly moved along the dry and rough ground beneath him. Until finally the trees seemed lesser, it was more urban. Elijah seemed to try waking himself up more and sped up, taking his hand off of his left thigh and running ahead, he was in mild shock and disbelief. But soon enough, a cliff appeared in front of him and he slowled to a halt sharply, waving his hands around to keep his balance and to not fall, as he did so he peered down the cliff. As he saw the ground he realised, this isn't high whatsoever, and he was correct, the cliff he was at was simply the edge that lead to a road below. Elijah stared at the road in relief as if it had saved his life, he then started to descend from the ledge and climb down to the road. He landed quietly and swiftly, looking left and right to check his surroundings. Nothing, still completely alone, and lost too. He made his way left along the road. Looking a little more alive now and less hopeless. He skipped a little bit to show that he was excited, he jumped and spun around and did a bit of a dance out of happiness. After a while he stopped and took a deep breath, standing in the middle of the road, before he saw a road going off to the left, a road going off the highway. Elijah ran towards it without hesitation, the road was a bridge leading over some water. Elijah looked over at the bridge and then back to the highway, where there he saw it. A petrol station.

Elijah stared in excitement as he saw the petrol station, he sprinted over towards it but slowed as he got closer. Checking the place out from the outside. He crouched and slowly started to go over to the entrance, trying not to attract any attention to himself. He quickly and slowly slid through the slight gap in the door. The place was practically untouched and abandoned. Elijah ran past the food and the supplies he might need to go straight towards one thing. A mirror, he admired himself for a few seconds before seeing the state he was in. He grabbed a hairbrush and started doing his hair, why? Elijah cares way too much about his appearance way too often and way too much, he took a good half an hour doing so and eventually felt, somewhat even better than before, he grabbed a rucksack from one of the shelves and walked over to the exit of the building, he sighed, thinking about everything that had happened to him, the camp, the incident, Quinn, the fall. It all slowly flashed through him before he sighed again, returning to this hell of a reality that he was living in, he opened the door with a little more force than he should've, as it made a pretty large crashing noise as it opened. Elijah quickly looked around hoping nothing would notice him, thankfully nothing was nearby. He jogged off back to the road and continued his journey to nowhere. Seeing nothing but the horizon and broken down cars, it was quite peaceful for the moment, Elijah had lots of time to think, yet, no one to talk to, it indeed was lonely for him, but he didn't mind, he would overthink about Quinn and the group, thinking they all played him to get him dead, or maybe Alastor was this evil mastermind trying to murder everyone. Elijah didn't know, it confused him as it should, but he continued to walk along with his bags and his things through the cars. And then Elijah saw a van, it was dirty yet cleaner than it's surrounding cars, it was Navy blue, was a mercades, and had an air vent on the top of it. The air vent was what caught Elijah's eye, he'd seen them before but never actually seen one up close, so. He approached the van with amusement, curiousity, and slight caution. He got to the front of the van and hopped on, his shoes were quite grippy so he didn't fall (Again) thankfully. He clambered over the cracked window, and crawled on top of the van. Elijah studied the air vent, seeing it was still spinning after all this time. "Wait a minute." Elijah muttered to himself as he turned around to face where the van was headed. And that van was where the traffic ended, and the setting sun was, it was beautiful, a perfect sunset, "If only she were with me, it would all be just so much better." He muttered to himself, he sat there, for a good lot of seconds, admiring the sundown. Before he shuffled along and slid down the window, then seeing that the windows at the side were smashed. He peered inside of the van, and saw the keys in the middle seat. The van had three front seats and no back seats. Elijah snatched the keys and crawled inside through the window. "Looks like I've just received a little present." Elijah mumbled to himself as he stared at the driver's seat. He didn't know much about driving, and avoided it most times, but the world ended and it doesn't seem like traffic laws exist now so he decided why not give it a shot, nothing to lose right? He turned on the ignition for the van and the engine roared. Foot on the pedal, slammed it and then he was off, into the distance of the sun.

A while later, 22:41
It was now, pitch black outside, But Elijah hadn't slowed down, he was still speeding down the highway with music on from the radio on a high volume, nothing crossed his path whatsoever and it was quiet other than Elijah's loud music as well as him singing along to the music, and in fact Elijah wasn't too bad at singing, he was quite good at it even, his hair flickered around as he nodded along to the beat. "Woo!" He shouted, the windows of the van still weren't there, so the music did echo, but nothing seemed to bother him due to the speed he was going. What's gonna happen? He's gonna get pulled over? He continued to go high speeds down the road. And then he slowed down a bit at the sight of streetlights, he slowed to a halt and surprisingly he wasn't instantly jumped by reanimated, he stepped out of the van and walked over to the building that the street light was by. It looked like an old factory, something probably built in the industrial revolution of the sorts. The building was built up of red bricks and looked like it had been hit by a wrecking ball at some point. Elijah was somewhat drawn to it, as it was one, lone, empty, silent building. Elijah walked up to the door, he knocked pointlessly before letting himself inside, nothing, old machinery, all looted, Elijah had figured he might be able to find a little stash of items somewhere if he searched hard enough. So he did, he looked high and low for things like guns, food, water, weapons. But he had no luck at all. And then he walked up to the roof, it was a stairway with a trapdoor on top, not the best but, it is what it is. He flipped the two doors open and walked up with his butterfly knife in hand. He didn't bother look around, and as he stood with both feet on the roof. There was the sound of a gun cocking, and then he felt the end of the barrel against the side of his head.
"Drop it. Drop it now."