Will guide the agents to their lake. Showing them where she disappeared. "She was about 100 yards out. That's where she got dragged down."

Karina began to speak, "Are you sure she didn't drown?"

"No, she was a varsity swimmer. She practically grew up on that lake." Will looked at the lake for a moment to refresh the memories and turned to the agents. "She's as safe out there as in her own bathtub."

Sam asked Will, "So no splashing, no signs of distress?"

"No, that's what I'm telling you."

"Did you see any shadows in the water, maybe some dark shape breach the surface?"

"No, again, she was really far out there."

Dean asked Will, "You ever seen any strange tracks by the shoreline?"

"No, never. Why? What do you think's out there?"

"We'll let you know as soon as we do."

Dean made his way to leave, but Sam and Karina are left behind looking at the man on the dock, fishing. Sam asked Will, "What about your father? Can we talk to him?"

Will looked at the father in pity from the distance and turned to Sam. "Look, if you don't mind, I mean, He didn't see anything, and he's kind of been through a lot."

Karina nodded her head with understanding, "We understand. Thank you for answering our questions. Take care." Will nodded her thanks, and Karina and Sam walked to Dean's car. They take their leave. To the sheriff's station.

***

"Now, I'm sorry, but why does the wildlife service care about accidental drowning?"

The trio walked along with Jake Devins, and Sam began to speak, "You're sure it's accidental? Will Carlton saw something grab her sister."

"Like what? Here, sit, please." The boys take their seats while Karina stands against the wall, near the doorway. "There are no indigenous carnivores in that lake. There's nothing even big enough to pull down a person unless it was the Loch ness monster."

Karina raises her eyebrows to Jake, "You're kidding me, right?" She looked at Dean, who was shaking his head at her.

Jake moved aside, "Will Carlton was traumatized, and sometimes the mind plays tricks." Jake takes his seat and looks at the agents, "Still, we dragged that entire lake. We even ran a sonar sweep just to be sure, and there was nothing down there."

"That's weird, though." Dean leaned over to him, "That's the third missing body this year."

"I know. These are people from my town. These are people I care about."

"I know."

"Anyway... all this. It won't be a problem much longer."

Karina asked Jake, "What do you mean?"

"Well, the dam, of course."

Karina nodded slowly, "Right... the dam. The dam that sprung a leak."

"It's falling apart and the feds won't give us the grant to repair it, so they've opened the spillway. In another six months, there won't be much of a lake. There won't be much of a town, either, but as Federal Wildlife, you already knew that."

Dean agreed until someone knocked at the door of the office. It was a woman. They all looked at the person, and she slowly walked in. "Sorry, am I interrupting? I can come back later."

The boys stand up and Jake introduce to the woman. "Lady, Gentlemen, this is my daughter."

Dean walked over to her and offered his hand. "It's a pleasure to meet you. I'm Dean."