Karina glared at Roy, wanting to stab him now. The voice is still asking them for help and turns into growling. Wendigo's growl. "Okay, that's no grizzly."

Hailey calms Ben down, and the growling grows intense. It flashes around the circle. Not going in. Roy and Dean kept their eyes on their arms with their weapons. Roy shoots the sound. It didn't make a sound. Another sound appears beside the distance between Karina and Sam. Roy took his shot, and it hit. Roy stupidly ran to the creature while the trio runs after him to stop.

He didn't give up, kept on running until something from above the tree grabbed him. Sam kept his flashlight to where he was. But only that he disappeared from the distance. Leaving the trio in haunted horror and suspension from the Wendigo.

***

In the morning, the people are shaken by an experience they witnessed last night. Sam was taking his time, thinking about what Dean said to him. Looking down at John's journal.

In the clear distance behind him, Karina stands against the tree, keeping an eye on him as promised. While she's staying close to Dean as he talks to Hailey about the shocking scene she witnessed.

"How do you know about this stuff?"

"It kind of runs in the family." Dean looked at Karina as he walked by her. Examining the campsite by the trees.

After that moment, Sam walked toward people with determination on his face. Standing by Karina, "Hey. So, we've got half a chance in the daylight." People stand up to look at Sam, and he takes a quick look at Karina and his audience. "And I, for one... want to kill this evil son of a bitch."

Dean looked pleased to see his brother, bringing himself in. "Well, hell, you know I'm in."

Karina nodded, "Same."

The trio started to tell the origin of the creature they were hunting. Mostly Karina knew all of the origins by memory. Karina starts from the beginning, "Wendigo is a Cree Indian word. Translate to "evil that devours." They're hundreds of years old. Each one was once a man, sometimes a Native American, or other times a frontiersman or miner or hunter. Pretty much any of us in the same room."

Hailey asked the trio, "How's a man turned into one of those things?"

Dean gladly answered her question, "Well, it's always the same. During some harsh winter, a guy finds himself starving, cut off from supplies or help--becomes a cannibal to survive, eating other members of his tribe or camp."

Ben comments to Sam, who's holding the journal, "Like a Donnor party."

"That's right. Cultures all over the world believe that eating human flesh gives a person certain abilities--speed, strength, immortality."

Dean walks over to Karina and Sam, finishing the thought, "If you eat enough of it over the years, you become this less-than-human thing. You're always hungry."

"So, if that's true, how can Tommy still be alive?"

Trio shared the look, who's going to respond to this question. Karina walk over to Hailey with a grimaced look on her face, "Well, you're not going to like this-"

"Tell me."

"I am telling you... Wendigo knows how to last long winters as Dean said without food. It hibernates for years at a time. When it's awake, it keeps its victims alive. It keeps them so it can feed whenever it wants."

Dean finished Karina's thought, "If your brother's alive, it's keeping him somewhere dark, hidden, and safe, and we got to track it back there."

"And then how do we stop it?"