Chapter 36

Megan's Pov

Man did Chicago look horrible. The only thing that remained was the "city". No suburbs or apartment buildings. Actually all that remained was the John Hancock and the Sears Tower. (Its actually called the Willis Tower but I like it how it use to be) and some other bulidings around it.

Other than that it was flat and black. I walked around the place that looks like chinatown just standing from my point of view at the skyscrapers. Plus there were scrapes of chines words that I couldnt read.

I made my way towards the Skyscrapers and to our hide out spot which was 100 steps east of the Sears tower.

Knock 7 times and finally my mom opened the door. "Megan is that you?" She asked watered eyed. I said yes and she let me in then hugged me to death. "O my gosh Megan Im so glade your here. Are you okay? How much does it hurt? Are the soldiers following you?" She started pounding menwith all thede questions.

"Yeah mom Im fine, just a little bruised nothing major and no soldiers aren't following me Little Mix droped me off then they took off." I explained to her. She nodded and hugged me again.

"Where is everyone?" I asked. "Dad is fighting, Max is fighting with him and Brandon is looking for you. O and Melissa is working on hacking into One Directions computers in Nashville. She says it's a pain because they aren't as updated with technology as us. Samantha is taking a nap, why don't you go see her while I call everyone and tell them your safe. also fix your arm wounds." Mother said.

I nodded and went into the bathroom t grab the first aid kit and for the first time in months look at myself in a mirror. My hair was completely black with a little red at the roots since they don't have a permeate dye like we do. My arm was cut and knuckles bruised. Luckily I was wearing a long t-shirt and pants because my stomach, back, and legs are blue, purple, and black.

Since I didn't want to scare my sister half dead I took a shower to get all the dirt and blood off of me. Put on black pants that fit perfectly around my legs, along with combat boots, red shirtsleeve t-shirt with a leather jacket over it. When I put my hair up in a ponytail I actually felt some strength come back into me seeing I'm a fighter. Although I don't have my red tips yet it will do for now.

I walked out to find my brother Brandon. When he saw me he immediately came up and gave me a hug. It was hard to not flinch when he did it due to the bruises on my back. "Megan, I'm so glade your okay. O my gosh what did they do to you?" he almost yelled. Must've noticed the bandage on my arm and it is already stained with my blood "I'm fine just a little cut. I missed you." I said. "Missed you to Megan. I love you." he said. "I love you to."

Just then I heard a little high pitched voice saying "Sissy, Brother your home!" We both turned around to see Samantha with her blanket and teddy. She came and ran right into our arms. "I missed you sissy. Where were you?" she asked.

I looked at Brandon and Mom wide eyed not knowing what to say at the time. "I-I was.... On an adventure." I said. "Really?! Did you see angles and pretty flowers?" she asked. "Yes" I said. More like the devils and chains.

But she's only 7, no need to show her the dark side of the world. Although she is already looking at the shadow of it. "brother did you find anything, like food or any of my stuffed animals?" Sammie asked Brandon. "Yepp I found some Bread and I think this is your monkey I found." Brandon said pulling out half a loaf of bread and Samantha's monkey. she gasped "Mr. Riley! look mommy it's Riley and look, he still has his banana." She squealed.

Samantha has at least 2 tubs full of stuffed animals and she played with everyone of them. must've lost them when One Direction attacked our home. A lot of those stuffed animals were passed down from Max to Brandon To Melissa and then to me and Samantha. There is still one animal I won't give up because my favorite Aunt gave it to me before she went into battle. Lets just say she never came out of that battle. So I still have it, but Samantha has the rest.

Mom cut the bread into thin slices and gave me and Samantha 2 slices while her and brother only got 1. Then we all decided to go to bed. Sadly when we built this there was only Mom, Dad, Max and Brandon so there are only 4 bedrooms and barley enough space at the table now.

"Who do I sleep with?" I asked. "You'll be sleeping with me." Brandon said almost instantly. "I don't want anything to happen to you plus dad and Max will be coming home later tonight and I don't want Max and his smelly butt to come climb in bed with me." Sammie giggled. I knew id mom and Sammie wasn't around he would've said ass or arse but we learned that mom and Melissa don't like to hear us cuss and Samantha is too young of course. Dad just ignores us and I don't mind.

Mom went with Samantha and they slept together so when Max and dad come home they can have a whole bed to themselves. Me and Brandon went in the 3nd room while sammie and mom went in the 4th.

When I changed I made sure Sammie and mom were in their bed so they don't see my scars. But I forgot about Brandon. I went to put my shirt on and I heard Brandon gasp at my back. shit.