Kate stood by the cotton candy machine watching everyone enjoy their night when she felt someone interlock their hand with hers. "Damon, what are you doing?"

"We need to find your sister." Damon pulled her hand towards Elena and Stefan taking a hold of Elena's hand as well.

"What are you doing?" Elena question at the sudden feeling. "Saving your life." Damon said as they walked in a straight line.

"Fifteen words or less, tomb vamps are here, founding families are the target. Get them out of here, now."

Damon dropped their hands moving pass them.
"Wait, wait, where are you going?" Stefan asked him.

"That's more then 15 word, Stefan." Damon didn't looked back getting lost in the crowed, Kate eyes widen remembering her brother.

"Stefan, Jeremy's out here somewhere."

"Let's go fine him, come on." Stefan tugged them through the crowed.

☽☀︎︎☾

The fireworks began and Kate and Elena were with Stefan getting away from the crowed when suddenly Stefan dropped to the ground clutching his head groaning. "Stefan?"

"What's going on? What's happening?"

"My head." Stefan choked out kneeling in his knees, "my head." He groaned as Alaric's approached them helping Stefan off the ground.

"I don't know what happened he just dropped." Elena explaining making it down the a private alley sitting Stefan down on the steps. "Yeah, he's not the only one, cops are grabbing everyone who has gone down. Injecting them with vervain."

Rick told them, Kate stood in front of the vampire.
"They're rounding up the vampires." Kate ran a hand through her hair.

After a minute the pain in Stefan's head went away. "Are you okay?" Kate asked the vampire with a hand on his shoulder, "it's like needles were piercing my skull and then it just stopped." Stefan exhaled.

"I saw at least five vampires go down, they were taking them to your family's old building." Alaric looked at the Gilbert twins.

"It's the Gilbert device. It has to be." Stefan was determined. "But how did he get it to work?" Elena questioned. "Bonnie unspelled it."

"Maybe she didn't?" Kate said making them look up at her.

"She did, Kate you were there we saw her do it." Elena didn't believe that her best friend would lie about taking the magic from the device.

"No, no, no, she's right. Think about it, we asked bonnie to deactivate a device that could protect people against vampires." Stefan explained.

"So we could protect you."

"And Damon...vampires." Stefan tailed off, Kate couldn't believe it, "where's Damon?"

"I don't know. I haven't seen him since this started." Alaric told them, Damon was taken by John Gilbert.

"Can you get my brother? Take him home." Elena asked Alaric, he nods. "Of course." Before leaving.

"Let's go." Elena and Kate helped Stefan off the steps making their way up towards the old Gilbert building.

Kate, Stefan and Elena ran across the whole town square looking for Damon, Kate glanced around spotting John Gilbert immediately glaring at the back of his head storming over.

"Where's Damon?" She demand she was angry at him for making her life a living hell.

"With the rest of them. Where he should be, it's over for Damon."

"You're crazy." Elena shook her head in disbelief.

"Why? Because I'm doing what should have been done 145 years ago? This is the right thing, go ahead you won't make it out."

John glanced at Stefan, "it'll save me the trouble of killing you myself."

Stefan ignored him looking at the twins. "You know the building well, is there another entrance in?"

"Uh, utility door, there's one on the side." Kate told him, he walked away the girls went to follow but John pulled them back.

"Take one more step and I'll alert those deputies that they missed a vampire." John warned them, his grip on their arms tighten.

"I'm asking you not to."

"That doesn't mean anything to me."

"As our father, it should." Kate spat, not liking the word father anymore, John hummed loosening his grip on them. "You know."

"We're weren't sure, but now we." Kate and Elena run towards the building to of the door, making it to the door seeing Bonnie.

"You guys can't go in there." Bonnie says pulling them away from entering.

"Bonnie, what are you doing?"

"I'm sorry, I lied to you guys." Bonnie mentions grasping their hands into hers while shutting her eyes and began chanting a spell. "Bonnie I gotta get in there—"

Elena moved back but Bonnie held her hand tightly into hers, Bonnie kept chanting when she stopped dropping their hands making them confused.

"Bonnie? Bonnie what is it? Are they gonna be okay?" Elena began to asked but the witch didn't say anything until Stefan came out carrying a vervain Damon.