AUTHOR'S NOTE

Hi loves,

how are you doing? So, I know how weird this looks and I don't even know where to start with explaining, but I'll try. As you can see, I've decided to start a new book...and it's about vampires. It may seem unusual to you because this usually isn't my genre, but I've been obsessed with vampire books/series/movies my entire life. It's kind of a guilty pleasure of mine...so much so that I've written one of my first stories when I was about fourteen and the main character was a vampire named Lucian. I think you already know where this is going. XD

Anyway, I've been having a huge writer's block lately and am seriously struggling to continue my stories which is why there weren't any updates in such a long time. I've been working on new chapters, but I just can't seem to be able to focus. Not just with writing, but with other things as well. I'm not sure why this is. The only thing I can think of is that I've had covid a while ago and perhaps I'm suffering from brain fog. Who knows...I just hope it disappears soon so I can feel normal. Sorry if this sounds crazy. I'm not sure how to explain it properly...

So, I've visited my parents about a few weeks ago and my mom made me go through a bunch of boxes in the attic in order to sort out my old schoolbooks and throw away things I didn't need so they could make some space for themselves. While I was going through these boxes, I found my old notebook with this story and read it. The story isn't well written (I was 14 after all, so it reads more like a basic draft XD), and even though I'd completely forgotten about it, it made me very sentimental and I felt inspired to start writing again. More specifically, to rewrite this story with some new ideas and plot twists. It might sound silly, but I find it kind of therapeutic and really hope this will help me get rid of my writer's block. The most basic plot will stay the same, and by that, I mean the very very most basic plot. The characters in the original version are imagined as very flat and I'd like to give them a bit more depth. Also, the basic story is quite mild compared to what I have in mind now. It wasn't originally a dark romance, but I think it's about to become one. I'm not entirely sure yet. I'm still working on it...

 You can expect regular updates (at least once a week), but don't expect much quality-wise. Even though these characters will be very different from their original versions, my writer's block is still very much present and I really hope my writing will get better in time. It's the whole reason why I'm doing this, to be honest. I really want to go back to my unfinished books and create content I find acceptable to share with people.

I considered not sharing the story with anyone, but I really like writing on Wattpad and receiving honest feedback and ideas, and since I haven't uploaded or updated anything in a long time, I kind of decided to upload it just for the heck of it. 

PS. I realize I haven't made this story sound all that tempting, but please consider giving it a try...if for nothing else, then just for the fun of it. I hope at least some of you feel like embarking on this journey with me. <3

Lots of love,

Astrid XXX