8: No Judgement

Donghyuck

The different hues look beautiful, complimenting each other completely and I'm mesmerized by it--we both are.

We are now sitting on the grass, not minding the possible stains that our clothes might get by the end of this. We were quiet, quite comfortably this time compared to earlier and I found it extremely relaxing. I had been regretting bringing the boy I barely met to my special place but now I couldn't think of that. And maybe I actually don't regret it and am rather glad that I brought him here.

My mind shifted back to Mark-Hyung and how I had once planned to bring him here. To confess, preferably, but then I found myself once again simply invested in the beautiful view.

"Are you feeling better?" The boy next to me asks which makes me divert my gaze towards him as he looks back at me.

I give him a hum and a small smile, "I am, actually." I sigh as I look back ahead. "What about you?" I question softly.

He stays silent for a second, and he hums thoughtfully, "I'm okay, I feel better," he sighs contently. He drops himself, his back landing on the grass, his arms spread wide.

I decided to throw myself back too after a couple of seconds taking the fresh air in. "This is nice," I mumble, my lips tugging up.

There was silence for a couple of moments which felt like hours before Jaemin speaks again. "Do... you wanna talk about it?" He questions hesitantly.

I open my eyes as I think about it carefully. "Whatever we say here will stay here, okay?" I ask as I extend my pinkie towards him.

He opens his eyes a while later, intertwining his with mine after a second of staring.

I sigh, "Mark has taken interest in someone," I shrug slightly. I could feel my heart breaking all over again as I spoke the words as if saying it out loud just made it actually real. I turn to see his reaction and he seemed just as hurt and heartbroken. Instead of feeling jealous I couldn't help but have sympathy and think about reaching a hand out and comforting him. But I only thought about it before I brought myself out of my thoughts.

"Well, that sucks," he mumbles lowly as if he was just saying it to himself. I wanted to snicker and get mad at him because the person I like is crushing on that boy.

I can't help but sigh at the thought. The boy next to me is ethereal and with a great personality--no homo--so of course, I understand how my friend could like him.

"What about you?" I pause. "Wanna talk about whatever had you so gloomy earlier?"

"This won't get out, right?" He asks nervously. "I- I don't know if I can tell."

"You decide," I tell him confidently. "You can choose to trust me or not."

It was probably the way that he opened his eyes and turned to look at me that I got the message that he did trust me.

"No judging, right?"

"No judging," I confirm seriously, nodding firmly at him.

"I- I have a secret. Only my family knows," he looks me in the eyes and I nod for him to know that he can continue when he was ready. "I like guys. Three guys," he finishes to confess and I widen my eyes. I don't know what I was expecting but it certainly wasn't that.

"So like, you're confused?" I question, furrowing my eyebrows in confusion.

He sits up and brings his legs to his chest hugging them tightly. He shakes his head, "I like the three. Equally. I'm polyamory is the right terminology," he answers shakily. "Weird, huh?" He chuckles dryly, turning to look at me.

I sit up as well and I take the courage to put my hand on his back. Though it was a bit awkward. "It's alright," I tell him softly and assuringly. "I told you that I wouldn't judge you and I won't."

He turns his head to look at me and the expression he gives me is a certain way that I don't think I'll ever be able to explain. "Mark is one of them, right?" He buries his head back into his knees.

He nods meekly.

"And the others?"

He stays silent. Completely. After a while, I get the sign and nod. "Right, stepping the line there, sorry."

"What time is it?" He asks, raising his head up.

"7:38," I answer after looking at my phone. I widen my eyes. "Shit, it's 7:38." I quickly get on my feet and he looks at me with an alarmed gaze as he does the same as me as well. He shakes the grass on his clothes as he looks at me questioningly. "I had a dinner today, completely forgot," I explain before I begin to walk down the hill.

"Oh," is all he says as he trails behind me.

We were once again completely mute as we walk to the bus stop and once again on the bus Jaemin sat down behind me rather than next to me. I raise my eyebrow as I turn to look at him and he only mouths 'what?' to me before turning to look at the window. I sigh and move to the seat next to him. I feel his glance before going back to watching the scenery and I smile to myself. This boy isn't bad, not bad at all.

We bid goodbye when Jaemin got into a taxi and I decided to walk home as it wasn't that far away from the last stop.

I sigh as I put my hand on the doorknob, taking in the distant chatter that was going on behind the door. I turn it and put on a wide smile as I see my parents, Mr. and Mrs. Lee, and Jeno with his usual bored face all sitting down on the living room's couch.

The chatter quieted down and only smiles were left on the adult's face.

"You're quite late, dear," my mother says with her usual sweet, soothing voice.

I nod, "I apologize," I tell the guests.

"It's alright son, how about you go up to your with Jeno? He has been quiet all dinner long," my dad says, a deep chuckle at the end of his statement.

I nod with a smile, agreeing with him even if it's the last thing I would want to do. "Come on, Jeno," I tell him, subtly gritting my teeth.

He rolls his eyes, standing up and following me.

"You know it's really shitty and unfair for you to skip on dinner," he tells me from behind in a low voice.

"Just because I skip one Friday, really? Gosh, give me a break. Believe me, I don't want to see your stupid face either but here we are," I roll my eyes as I open the door to my room.