2: Bump

Jaemin

I walk through the school cafeteria, looking down at my math book. It was the day after and I was now determined to do well in that class. Maybe Mark Lee has already forgotten about me but I don't mind, just in case he does remember, I should be prepared to impress him. I'm a little nervous, I got to admit. I never actually planned to talk to either of the three, it was just unrealistic for me and somewhat unreachable--at least that's what I thought.

"Ouch," I winced when I bumped into someone. Maybe it wasn't the best idea to walk through a crowded school cafeteria while looking down. I bow to the person, "I'm sorry," I mumble before I walk away.

Just two steps forward, I decide to look back after I finish reading a word problem and walking away was Lee Jeno. It was easy to recognize his jet-black hair and typical black leather jacket. My heart sped up, 'Did I just bump into Lee Jeno?'

I look around and people seemed to be looking right at me with shocked expressions as I myself became shocked. I speed walk to the table where my friend was sitting, taking a seat next to him, as quick as possible.

"What just happened," I mumbled.

"Did you just bump into Lee Jeno?" Renjun questions at the same time, his eyes wide open. I blink several times, trying to think it through. "And he didn't beat you up or push you at least?"

That wasn't normal, he would never let go of anyone even if they simply touched him. Maybe it was because I left so fast or maybe he took pity on me because of how concentrated I looked.

I sighed, "He must've not been in the mood," I reply with a tight-lipped smile as I make eye contact with him before burying my head in the book like I previously was.

It seemed like he decided not to question me further and instead simply shrugged as he looks back down at his phone.

Nobody knows of my crushes. Not even my mom, not my brother, and not my best friend. They know that I'm gay since I figured myself out two years ago during my freshman year and thankfully those three--the most important people in my life--accepted me. Of course, I lost one or two friends along the way but keeping them three was what mattered the most.

But I still felt like I shouldn't inform them of this. It was weird enough that I like one guy but making it three, I don't really even want to imagine how someone would react to that.

I've had many sleepless nights reflecting on myself, making scenarios, the best and the worst. But they usually all ended up not-so-great. We're still teens, we'll meet many different people and some will be respectful of my sexuality while others--of course--won't, and of course, it scares me. It scares the shit out of me.

I sigh, 'I shouldn't be thinking of this during class.' When I thought of this I usually cried a little, as pathetic as that is to admit it's the truth.

"Jaemin?" I look up. I get taken aback slightly by the figure in front of me.

I curtly bow to him nervously.

He chuckles, "I don't know how I never noticed you here," Mark says with his usual smile.

"Not that social," I state with a small smile, tightening the grip on my pencil. It was hard to stay composed under his gaze though it wasn't stern or fierce but rather soft. But that's the thing, his soft gaze made me go crazy inside.

Mark nods, "You... need any help?" he asks, pointing at my math worksheet which only had the first three questions done, all of which I wasn't sure if they were right or not.

I shake my head, "I want to figure it out on my own," I answer with a smile and it's true, it's how I usually am. I don't like asking for help, I like walking on my own.

"It's okay to sometimes ask for some help."

"I did ask for some, yesterday," I retort, reminding myself of our past encounter.

"No, I asked if you needed help, but you didn't ask for it."

"Maybe I like it better that way."

"Then, what will you say the next time I ask if you need help?"

"I might accept, I might not," I respond with a smirk, my grasp loosening up.

"That has to change to a definite yes by next time," he smirks as well.

I shrug mockingly, "I don't know."

"But I want to help you," he pauses, "Because that's what seniors should do."

Right, he is my senior, he wants to help me as the great, older, more experienced student that he is and that was one of the reasons why I began to like him, why I became attracted to him.

"Thanks, Mark-Sunbaenim," I say bitterly though I did my best to hide it, smiling up at him.

He stays quiet for a second, "You can call me Hyung, I'd like for us to get close," he states with a smile he has no idea makes my heart do a thousand somersaults.

I was about to speak, my lips parted when the last bell of the day rang, meaning it was time to go home. Mark-Hyung smiles and waves at me before turning around, walking away, and to the front of the classroom where he begins to have a conversation with Mrs. Kim--my math teacher.

I smile to myself like a fool as I pack my bag before putting one of the straps on my shoulder, the other loose, and walking out of the classroom. I take my phone out in an attempt to message Renjun when someone pushed me harshly making me fall.

I look up, widening my eyes to see who it was.

"You ran away when you shoved me this morning," he spoke.

Shoved?! I didn't shove him we clashed with each other!

"Be careful next time," he says in a harsh tone before walking off, past me.

I let out a breath I had no idea I was holding, wincing at the pain that surged through me. So, Lee Jeno actually didn't let me go earlier but it was only that I got away before he could do anything. I sigh, 'Stop dreaming Na Jaemin,' I thought before trying to push myself up before a hand appeared before me making me look above.

Lee Donghyuk.