1: English Lesson

Jaemin

I watch as the boy effortlessly walks around behind the counter. His hair bounces up and down as he quickly gets an ice Americano done, handing it to the customer soon after with a wide, bright, admirable smile on his face

I look to my left. I see as the other's mouth moves quickly, a pencil tracing through a textbook that was in the middle of him and a female who without a doubt wasn't even paying attention to the lesson and rather the boy's visual–I don't blame them.

I look to my right. The oh-too-familiar boy in the furthest corner, where he usually sits. A hot cameral macchiato in front of him as usual as he went through his phone, both headphones in his ears, probably zoning everything else out.

I have no idea whether I should feel blessed or cursed that I am in the same space as all three of them when it hadn't happened before. Mark Lee was never at this cafe and Jeno only comes sometimes. Donghyuk is usually here, obviously, doing his job but there were times that he didn't have this shift when I was usually here.

'Gosh, I'm such a stalker,' I thought, letting out a groan as a banged my head on the table, a little harder than I intended. I winced in pain, rubbing it quickly as I hoped that no mark would be left there. I had my head up and in the midst of rubbing it with closed eyes, they slightly opened and caught sight of someone looking at me.

Lee Donghyuk.

I put my head down before rising it slowly once again with open eyes this time, hoping that I was just dreaming it. There was no way that he was looking at me. I slowly looked around, there were some pairs of eyes on me, I now knew. I bow slightly at the people in the packed cafe as it seemed that I had disturbed them when I made the noise with my head.

People quickly went back to their business but I caught the eye of one of them. Lee Jeno this time, looked at me with firm, curious eyes which made me curious as well. We had a small eye staring contest, my heartbeat going at a fast pace as we did so. I abruptly look away, turning my head down in an instant.

I'm going insane.

Lee Donghyuk and Lee Jeno both looked at me on the same day during a very embarrassing moment.

I sigh, 'Don't think about it, get over it.'

I finally got started on my English homework, constantly muttering words under my breath, hoping to memorize them before tomorrow. I huff in exasperation, 'I'm screwed' I deemed myself.

After an hour, I give up on the English lesson and instead lay my head on the table, my arms around it before closing my eyes.

The next time I opened them, there was a tapping on my shoulder. "Five more minutes," I mumble tiredly, still half asleep.

"Um, excuse me?"

I shot my eyes open when I heard a male's voice, 'Definitely not my mother,' I thought.

I lifted my head up, trying to stay as composed as possible when I saw who it was. Lee Minhyung. Fuck.

"Ye-," I clear my throat, so the raspiness of just waking up would disappear. "Yes?"

"You fell asleep around an hour ago and I thought it would be better to wake you up, the cafe is closing in 2 hours or so," he says with a sheepish smile.

"Oh shit," I cursed lowly as I began to look around. The cafe for the major part was empty now, it was quite dark outside, Lee Jeno was gone now and Donghyuk was sitting behind the counter, reading a book. I looked back at the boy, "Thanks for waking me," I say with a shy smile.

He smiles back, "No problem... I saw that you're working on English?" He raises an eyebrow.

I look down at my workbook and then up at him, nodding slightly. "Yeah, I got a quiz tomorrow, kinda screwed," I shrug as I grab my backpack from behind my chair, placing it on my lap. Sure, I looked nonchalant enough on the exterior, but inside, holy cow was there a mess going on.

Mark seemed to think for a while before he spoke again. "I'm Lee Minhyung," he greeted suddenly, extending his right hand at me while the other one held onto the strap of his backpack.

I stared at it for a second, trying to decipher what to do before I put my hand over his, accepting the handshake. "Na Jaemin," I reply lowly with a small smile.

"I'm... pretty good at English, want some help?"

What the fuck was actually happening. It was just less than a week ago I had decided that I would give my stupid crushes up. Stupid crushes on three stupid boys- okay, maybe not so much stupid, more like amazing and attractive boys.

"A- are you sure?" I stutter out nervously, my heart inevitably speeding up.

He chuckles and gosh was that one of the cutest things I have heard in the last 17 years of my life.

He nods, "Yes, I'm sure, I have an hour until I have to be home," he answers as he takes a seat in front of me. "You attend Seoul High School?"

I nod slowly in response.

"Great, I do too. I'm a senior, you?"

"A junior, in class 3-B," I answer as I open up my book to the right lesson, placing my bag back where it previously was.

"I'm the TA for that class during math period, though?" He furrows his eyebrows as if he was thinking something deeply and it was entertaining to see him like this, looking ethereal either way.

I nod at him, "I sit in the back, not that easy to spot, I guess."

He nods slowly, "Okay, shall we get started?" He asks with a grin.

It was impressive how much I focused on every word that he said when I don't ever really make an effort to do the same with teachers. Of course, there were times that I focused more on his visuals rather than words but by the end of the lesson, I felt like I was ready for the test. And I felt proud that I finally got the chance to talk to him, one of my three crushes, Mark Lee/Lee Minhyung.