Chapter 23

Chapter twenty-three

                      Sariah's pov

  My phone beeped with a message as I drove in through the gate. I smiled when I saw that it was Shion.

  Mommy really?☹️☹️☹️☹️☹️☹️☹️

  I've been meaning to return her messages and missed calls. I will call her after I've finished cooking dinner I promised myself. The smile was immediately wiped from my face as I drove around to park in one of the four carports and saw that Earlan had arrived home. I frowned and hissed upon a deep sigh as I saw Ms. Charmaine exiting my house from the backdoor.

  "Set a watch before my mouth and keep the doors of my lips, Oh Lord please," I whispered in desperation to myself.

  After parking, I switched off the jeep but remained sitting around the steering wheel for a few minutes. I do not know if there was a level of annoyance, irritation and fatigue of the way I am feeling.

  I got out and walked casually inside, without hailing anyone sitting under the outdoor porch. The kitchen counter filled with groceries greeted me upon my entrance and I swear I was having a sky-level annoyance, depression, frustration "hurrmppff" I sighed loudly.

"Sidoney?" I called loudly upstairs.

  "Yes, mommy?! Coming." I heard her answer. Then her footsteps as she came running down the stairs.

  She was wearing a bright smile on her face and I smiled hugging her. "Take out the groceries from my jeep. Where is Raheem?" I told her then asked.

"He's in his room working on his school project." She replied.

"Oh!" I said not sure if I should bother him. A pattering of footsteps was coming down the stairs and I look to see Earlene and Earlanna.

  "Hello, sweethearts," I said as two little identical black beauties began chattering together about wanting snacks from off the counter. I gave them each a snack and shooed them to the living room. It took me a good half an hour with Sidoney's help to pack away all the groceries, in the cupboards and pantry.

  Sidoney helped herself to the rest of my Kentucky meal and I began dinner preparations.

       Earlan's pov

  The smell of beef and corn was wreaking havoc on my nostrils, I couldn't wait to get a nice bowl of the soup my wife was inside the kitchen cooking. It was awkward to move around with a broken foot and bruised ribs. I was glad my foot didn't need to go into a big cast, but the small weight on my foot was uncomfortable.

  "She bex wid mi ino, yuh no see say she no call to mi." My mother said.

  "She no call to nobody," Pelpa said with a nervous chuckle.

  I looked at both of them and said "she a'right man, she probably never even look dis side."

  "Tracy says it seems more than likely, that she had overheard a slight comment I had made yesterday. Tracy says she kissed har teeth nastily and ended the call right after." My mother explained.

  My head started to throb and I blew out a strained breath. I groaned inwardly feeling annoyed with my mother, they knew I was already on a thin line with Sariah, why to rass she affi a add pon it. I hissed in frustration and leaned my head back unto the back of the seat.

"A wey yuh do, bex wid mi to?" My mother asked coming to stand in front of me.

  I looked up at her without saying anything. She spun and walked off into the house.