Chapter 22

Chapter twenty-two

                  Sariah's pov

  I told Rajae to call or message Earlan's friends and tell them that he was in the hospital while we drove home. The taxi driver had called Rajae to say he was on his way home with my children. I didn't realize the time had flown by so fast while we were at the hospital.

  Typing a quick message I sent it along with the video of Earlan screaming like when I was giving birth to his mother. She called a few seconds after and I told her what had happened. After which I was speaking to Tracy on Ms. Charmaine's phone when I heard her say to someone in the background "a mussi all she push him off a di stairs" Tracy went "hey" to Ms. Charmaine and whomever.

  I took several deep breaths before hissing my teeth nastily and ending the call. I bristled with anger all the way home.

  Quickly opening the gate and letting in the children, I thanked the taxi driver who refused my offer of payment and drove off. I walked inside because Rajae had driven inside and parked. He was on the phone with someone and mouthed to me to open the back gate.

  After sorting out the children, I changed back the passcode to the former one.

  "Balla dem gone dung a di hospital." Rajae coming inside. "Earlan says he needs clothes, two fractured ribs him say di doctor says."

  "Who carrying his clothes to him?" I asked.

  "My same taxi brethren, he's going to drop them off to Pelpa by the hospital," Rajae replied.

  I went upstairs and put two suits of clothing in a small stylish bag. Good thing he keeps so many of these fancy bags I thought. Going back downstairs I hand the bag over to Rajae and prepare a light meal for the children.

  My thoughts and emotions were in turmoil that night and I couldn't sleep. I knew I didn't have much luck with people which is why I mostly kept to myself. Out of spite, I didn't send Earlan's phones to him, but I know his mother must have gotten to speak to him from one of his friend's phones. That's if she hasn't darkened her arse gone down there. 

  I shook my head as I lay there thinking all manner of things. I messaged Rajae that he would be giving an eye on the children the following morning. His only reply was an "ok." I had to go and settle the dispute at my old home once and for all and I wasn't joking with my sister.

  Morning came too soon and I got up and got ready. Hopefully going this Saturday morning I will be able to see the tenant who lives at my house. I sip from the cup I took with me and drive straight to Harbour View. Glad to reach this early I turned in Carissa's gateway blaring my horn. That should make the dead wake.

  Driving away I parked on the sidewalk at my gate and switched off the jeep engine. I got out after holstering my gun in my waist and saw Carissa at her gate looking in my direction. She screamed and ran towards me when she saw me. We hugged each other grinning happily.

  "I'm going to deal with this matter and come see you in a minute," I told her.

  "Ok, oh hear wha" she began to say and I turn to look at her, "Javier say it seems like him mada head a go, so see how best yuh can deal wid it." She whispered glancing about.

  "A'right," I said and walked towards what I once called my gate. I opened it and was at once embraced in huge hugs before I could step in properly. It was my nieces from both my sister and brother. They have gotten so big, they were almost unrecognizable. I chastise myself for being a bad aunt, as I hugged them tightly to me feeling emotional. I loved them but disliked their parent's ways.