CHAPTER 2

《Chapter 2》

                Sariah's pov

   He glanced at me. "I hope it no too late fi u cook huzzy dinna." He remarked.

  "Huh! Go fishing." I told him.

"Wey u mean go fishing, u can't tell mi u no have a genna a wait pon u, or probably him no come home yet?" He questioned.

  Why the hell was he asking me this question, I wondered to myself. "Huh! Keep fishing." I told him, I guess he was just making conversation and teasing me. So I decided to not take it personal, until he asked out right.

  "Yuh don't have a man Ms. Sariah?"

  I was a bit taken aback by his straight forwardness but answered. "Not presently."

  There was a pause as as he negotiated through the Saturday evening traffic heading into Half Way Tree. "Yuh know mi tink sey yuh married and well settled, cause mi a sey yuh man is a lucky bredda." He said with a tinge of humor in his voice.

   I got ready to get out has we neared Half Way Tree but he continued on the road leading to Cross Roads. I wondered where he was going to drop me off, the nearer the better for me though.

  "Where in Harbour View yuh live?" He asked.

"Upon a hill side close to the stadium." I told him.

"Will I get buss head if I dropped you off at the hill foot?" He asked smirking.

  "No, I live a very respectable life, I'm too mature for those shenanigans." I replied.

  "Toooo matuureee," He drawled, "Oh, mi need yuh numba, hope yuh can sort out upstairs fi mi next week." He said taking up one of his Iphones, he opened it and gave it me. I add my number and gave it back to him and he took it and put it back on his lap.

  The drive was quiet between us after that, we drove down South Camp Road and took the sir Florizel Glaspole highway to Harbour View, where I directed him to my gate.

"Thank you very much, I appreciate the ride home." I said to him as I opened the door to get out.

"Mi tink a did way up pon a hill yuh live, a two house which one a dem yuh live inna?" He asked.

  "The one on the hill," I replied.

  "Oh." He said looking up at it. "Alright take care and thanks." He said and I wave as he turned his car and toot the horn driving off.

  I opened the gate and went in, my sister hissed her teeth nastily as I walked by. Without looking at her I held my head high and walked up the steps to my house. She and my smaller brother lived in my father's dead left house. I built my house on the hillside behind. I couldn't live with them, they had some really terrible ways and I hated people using and taking away my things. I have no regrets since I moved out leaving them, we were now grown and have multiplied with children. So it was good when I decided to build my own house, in the future I hope to build a second story on top.

  Me and them don't gree especially my sister, they always tried to use me and when things didn't go in their favour, they would curse and class me. My brother is the brokest taxi man I know and my sister tries to make mischief with me or anybody else any chance she gets. Her loud and vulgar cursing habits has caused a lot of people to not deal with us. The reason why we don't speak now is because of a fued she had with my children and that's where I draw the line. Don't fuck around my innocent children, whom should be protected even by my enemies.