Chapter 16

Chapter sixteen

                  Sariah's pov

If anyone cut me, I don't think they will see any blood. I was so hurt. I walked out of the guest quarters to see Balla and Pelpa coming with their weapons drawn. I looked at them both and hissed my teeth. Ms. Charmaine was in a frightened state when I went upstairs.

  She looked at me with my gun in my hand and asked. "A wha happen?"

"Just your son naked in a di guest quarters with one of the girls dem," I told her.

"Jesus Christ!" She said and I turned away and went to my children's bedrooms to check if any of them had awakened. They were all still asleep and so I went to my room.

  The gate opened and a chief who was my guest and the girls' father drove in. Ms. Charmaine came to tell me he was calling me downstairs ten minutes later. "Tell him to take his daughters and go and I will talk to him some other time." I told her and she left to relay my message.

  I did not see Earlan nor the others including Rajae for the whole of the following week. I packed the children's things and got them ready for the airport. I was not going with them though, I was going somewhere else.

  While I waited with Ms. Charmaine and the children at the airport, I saw Earlan and the others arrive. They all kept their gazes away from me, making the knife that they had plunged within me sink even deeper. I told my children and Ms. Charmaine goodbye and boarded another flight. I did not cry until I reach the resort high up in the snow-covered mountains of Norway.

  I dumped my bags on the floor and cried my heart out. Deep down in my heart, I love him, but I will never be with him again.

  I felt so disrespected and hurt. There was no excuse or nothing he can ever say to me to ever make amends. Why did he have to do something like that? Will I never be enough for him? I asked myself as my tears flowed.

  I slept and went for long walks, I could not eat. Every waking moment was filled with thoughts of him and the need for his arms around me. Yet the only thing I could do was cry and rebuke myself for going to look for him.

  He would have fucked the girl and she would have left and I would not have known. How many times has he done things like those without my knowledge? The questions were never-ending without answers.

  Ms. Charmaine has been communicating with me via text messages only and I was glad she understood to do so. My children were going to school and were doing ok. Like Earlan, Balla and Pelpa, Rajae did not message or call me. I just hoped he moved out like Earlan must have done by now. So when I get home I will see none of them. At this point, we can either co-parent or he can take his children. As long as I don't have to see him or deal with him.

  A month passed and I was still crying. Everything seemed to just make me feel hurt or angry. I had business to attend to and people to assist, but right now I just wanted to stay hidden from the world forever.

  On the media was all talks of Earlan's songs that he had voiced in the Cubina language. Riri was the hot topic again as she put herself to the forefront after commenting on one of the media reports and Torcha responded to it. It turned into a whole bunch of negative, derogatory backlash.

And as usual, the media ran with it.

  Riri always refer to me in her comments and I felt annoyed. Women in general always tried to carry down another woman. Why? Torcha styled and criticized her so badly, I don't know how she find it in her to still comment. It got so bad until the commenters began to hurl insults at her.