CHAPTER 1

Alkaline Falls in Love by Lattysweets.

This book is a work of fiction, it is written with the protagonists as the main point of view, please read and enjoy and don't take anything personally.

Thank you for stopping by to read, I hug you wherever on this great globe you are. 😍 Vote, comment and share.

Food photos are from either me as the first one in this chapter or from public food groups, any other photos are from public models, etc. If there is anything you see in my book that goes against wattpad standards, please point it out to me before you go reporting my book. I work hard writing it.

               《Chapter 1》

             Sariah's pov

  After introducing myself at the gate, I was let inside by a tired-looking youngster, I walked up to the luxurious house, ring the doorbell and waited. Some of the people I have worked with over the years were nice while some weren't. Some would belittle and disrespect you, while some appreciated and treat you with respect.

  The door opened and a beautiful middle-aged woman stood there. "Good morning, my name is Sariah Farguarson and I'm here for the housekeeping job." I said in my professional tone.

  The woman looked at me from head to toe with barely held in disapproval. I was used to these privileged ones, who think just because they had more money than some of us, they were better. It didn't bother me one bit and I don't hold it against them, the system is slack and corrupt. Wealth is good but I didn't like all the glamour and spotlight, I loved my peace and quiet.

"Good morning, they must have sent you by mistake, I asked for a thirty-five and over mature woman." She finally said in a disappointing voice.

  I reached into my bag and took out my identification card holding it up for her to see. "I'm thirty-six years old as you can see here," I said pleasantly to her, she squinted her eyes looking at it. I've always been told that I look way younger than my age and I did, when I received attention from younger males I just have to wave them off.

  After a while, she finally asked me into her beautiful living room and invited me to sit on a chair. She began to say she was looking for someone older, however, she agreed that I should start working since I was already there and if she wasn't satisfied she wouldn't allow me to return the following week.

  I told her that was fair enough, she was the mother of popular dancehall entertainer Alkaline. The agency had asked me to be discreet as usual and it's not like I cared who they were. My business was to do a good job and collect my pay. I didn't get into people I work for personal lives. It wasn't my concern and I wasn't frightened over those who had money by whichever means. In this case, it was through her son, how much they had or earned didn't bother me either, as long as they paid me the amount I charged I'm good.

  She showed me to a bathroom off the washroom, where I could put my bag and personal things while I was there. I changed into my decent housekeeping attire and started by arranging the contents in her kitchen cupboards with her direction and then cleaning her kitchen thoroughly. After that she told me I could take forty-five minutes for my lunch break, I took half an hour. The sooner I finished my work would be the sooner I get to go home, I didn't come here to stay. I cleaned and rearrange her lovely living room with her direction that afternoon. Telling her a pleasant goodbye, I left that evening when my workday was over.

  At the end of the week, she asked me to come back the following week and I did.

  The days went on while I did my chores. Ms. Charmaine's fiancé Thomas and one of her daughters'  named Tracy along with her granddaughter Tracene lived there too, but I hardly saw them because they normally leave before I arrived and I usually leave before they are back.