18

Giyuu's pov.

Fearful of what was to be displayed in front of him, he covered both of his eyes with his hands. As he turned towards the window, he could hear ruffling and shuffling noises. Though Sanemi had always exposed his upper body, Giyuu somehow felt rude to look. It would never have happened if it had been any other man. 

"Shinazugawa, turn around. I'll change into the yukata as well."

"Sure."

Giyuu let the half-pattern haori slide down his dark uniform, wishing he had changed into the yukata earlier. Although his brain couldn't stand this uncomfortable situation, the other parts of his body did not agree with him. 

He folded his haori neatly, patting it down, gently placing it onto the bed. He started to unbutton his corp's uniform, his thoughts corrupting onto him. 

So much happened today and it's only late afternoon. Why was he so angry when I asked if we were friends? Does he not think of me in the same way?

After finishing changing into the yukatas, they both began their journey into the town. Giyuu felt the chilly air flowing through his thin fabric, making him shiver ever so slightly. He heard the clamoring noises of the people down below, a lively atmosphere full of excitement. Giyuu's inner child awakened and he couldn't resist it. It was as if he were back to his childhood before everything changed for the worst.

"Quite lively isn't it, Shinazugawa?"

"Yeah, I'd guess so."

"Let's get there a bit quicker!"

Giyuu smiled profoundly at Sanemi, grabbing his hand like the older one had done to him once before. He then dragged Sanemi hand roughly, as excitement started to spill all over. He glanced over his shoulder to see a small genuine smile too. 

I haven't felt this way since the days I've spent with Sabito. Hopefully, our new friendship lasts.

The two walked around the festival with Sanemi's hand in his. In the midst of the festival atmosphere, they walked past multiple stalls without saying a word to each other. Giyuu couldn't help but notice a considerable amount of people passing by, displaying indifference, disgust, or confusion on their faces. Each of them glanced up and down, whispering into the ears of their companion and pointing to where their hands met. The grip between their hands became tighter, and a frustrated expression appeared on Sanemi's face. 

The moon started to show itself in the darkening sky. A middle-aged woman selling accessories stopped the Hashiras. 

"Hello there, white-haired gentleman! Why don't you purchase a pretty hairpin for your pretty girlfriend? Or may it be your wife?"

"No, ma'am. I'm a man, not a woman." Giyuu corrected. 

Giyuu could hear the sniffling of Sanemi beside him, trying to keep in his laugh. He wondered just how quickly Sanemi's emotions could change. 

"Oh? That's fine! That doesn't matter as long as you're both happy and you love each other. Nothing in the world is better than the devotion of two people!"

"Well, no thank you, but I would say your flower pin is quite beautiful. I'm sure someone else would love to wear it."

"You like this pin?" Sanemi asked with curiosity.

The pin had an intricate design, with crystals and delicate petals made out of a blue-coated shimmering metal. It was truly beautiful yet expensive.

"Never mind that! Um, I almost forgot Shinazugawa. Wait here."

Ohagi!