6

Giyuu's pov. 

Finally, they had arrived at Headquarters, reporting the details to Oyakata-sama. He had a warm smile like he always did. Both Giyuu and Sanemi had taken a seat beside each other waiting for Master's arrival. 

"I'm glad both of you worked out in the paring I put you in. I thought of a little change for once..." Master said as walked in with smiling eyes. 

"A change, Master?" Sanemi asked with politeness. 

"Ah yes. I noticed that you, Shinazugawa, don't get too well along with the Water Pillar. I have also considered that Tomioka may also want some company since I have noted that he doesn't seem to talk to the others very much. His face at times seems to have a rather "lonely" expression. For the time being, I will make sure you two become friends."  

It was a bit of a punch into Giyuu's heart, hearing how Oyakata-sama had called him "lonely". He knew this was true, though he hated the thought of it. He had a deep and buried desire of wanting someone. Someone who he could rely on. Someone who could give him affection. Someone who could comfort him. He always knew this wouldn't come true, after all, he was he, and who would want him? 

He glanced at Hashira seated beside him, predicting what was going on inside his head. He had an agitated face, furrowed eyebrows, and clenching hands on his uniform. 

He must be angry at Oyakata-sama. No, no. Probably me. If not for Master's presence, Sanemi would have raged and destroyed everything in sight. He'll sure be monitoring us. This is my fault... 

It was just that Sanemi still looked unwell, though he said earlier he wasn't. His face was flushed with pink and it looked as if he were going to collapse at any moment. He was also abnormally quiet. Giyuu had the need of asking the Wind Pillar once again but thought of the potential consequences that came with it. He didn't want to anger Sanemi anymore as he already had to carry the task of becoming his friend. Though he did consider the consequences, he would ask him anyways. 

Oyakata-sama had dismissed them with hope. Both walking out, Giyuu felt an unwelcoming feeling.  He now really started to overthink the situation. He had an imaginary cloud looming over his head, constantly reminding him to ask Sanemi if he was feeling well. The cloud had also told him how to ask the question and foretelling if it would angry the Pillar. Giyuu shook his head out of thought and decided to speak his mind, approaching the Hashira ahead of him. 

"Shinazugawa."

"What?"

"I was wondering if you're truly feeling well. Your face is still flushed."

"Shut the fuck up Tomioka. I'm fin-" 

With those words, he collapsed.