16

Giyuu's pov. 

"Ah! S-sorry."

"..." 

Giyuu looked down onto Sanemi, his face filled with embarrassment. Sanemi's eyes were half-open as his wet neck stood out to him. Giyuu gulped down as cold sweat dripped from his forehead. He had never seen in this way, laying in front of him. Both of the Hashira's could practically feel how fast each other's heartbeats were. Their lips were so close to touching. Giyuu felt a pair of hands sliding up onto his clothed waist. 

"Shinazugawa!"

"Hmm?" 

"Wha-" 

Giyuu's back was flipped so that he was the one on the dusty ground. He shut his eyes for a moment as he was expecting his head to fall back. Giyuu felt Sanemi's hand on the back of his head, letting go slowly so that his head would land softly. Sanemi looked powerful in this position. A smile of victory came upon his face. 

"I win."

"Oh... Right."

Still in that position, Giyuu felt Sanemi's hands slide up further up onto his hair, then down to his cheeks.  Sanemi's face showed a desperate yet resistful expression. He leaned in close until their lips were close to touching again. 

"Tomioka-san! Tomioka-san! Tomioka-san!" 

The two immediately came out of their positions, hoping no one had seen them in such away. Sanemi faced the opposite direction, his fists in a clutch. They both knew the ring of the voice that called out to Giyuu. A heavier embarrassment filled the air. 

"How did you get in Kocho?"

"Hello, Tomioka-san!"

"Kocho..." 

"I kept calling out to you from the outside, but there was no answer, so I decided to find you myself."

"So you broke into my estate."

"Precisely. Haha! Shinazugawa-san! Hello~! Hope you're feeling better."

How does she know that Sanemi was injured?  Probably one of our Kasugai Crows told her. 

"Hello, Kocho..." Sanemi usually greeted Shinobu with respect, but today his tone left a hint of anger. 

"What do you want, Kocho?" Giyuu asked. 

"Hmm... well I just wanted to check up on Shinazugawa-san because of his condition. I was surprised you were taking care of him, it seemed a bit unlikely."

"..."

"Anyways, what were you two doing? Shinazugawa-san was on top of you. It looked a bit... "

"We were just dueling and I lost."

"I see! That's nothing out of the ordinary."

"Yes."

"Well, if there's nothing else to be said, I'll get going! There's a ton to be done back at the mansion! Bye, you two!"

Shinobu left through the front gate, her butterfly haori swaying through the wind. Giyuu released a small relieved sigh. Giyuu turned to face Sanemi, but all he saw was his back. This strange feeling, he was finally beginning to figure out what it was. 

"Shinazugawa, I apologize again for falling onto you."

Sanemi turned around to face him, his face was normal again. 

"That doesn't matter. All I care about is that wish."

"Right. What do you wish for?"

"I won't tell you now. I'll save it for the future."

A question popped into Giyuu's head. He needed to confirm something. The night they spent at the dark house, their fight with the snake demon, a confirmed appreciation from Shinazugawa, their handholding, and up to this point. This question was crucial. 

"Shinazugawa, I need to ask you a question."

"What is it?"

"Are we friends?"