20

Sanemi's pov.

Everything is so blurry. His voice. I can hear him. I can't act so tough right now, can I? Fuck... 

Sameni lay on the ground weakly, clutching his bloody wound with trembling fingers. He couldn't help but remember the peaceful morning they shared. His energy was already well spent.

Fuck... before the sun even came up, we fought a lower-ranked demon. Realized I had something for him. Then I held his hand while watching the sunrise. We had a fairly interesting duel... and I just almost... Ugh, can't think anymore. I just need more time. I need to tell him something. It's now or never.

Giyuu's pov.

This fucking demon wants to do what with me?! 

"What the fuck?!"

"You heard me. It wouldn't be hard to do it with you. I can already imagine how you'll sound and move when you are beneath me. Just imagine if I-"

"Enough. ENOUGH!"

Giyuu couldn't tolerate the way Douma spoke about his body. While it disgusted him to his core, he took Sanemi's sake into consideration. Giyuu stared at Sanemi's nearly lifeless body again. It made him want to scream and yell. As they spoke, angry tears streamed down his face.

He's dying. He's DYING! FUCK! FUCK! If I only had more strength, more power. I can't risk dying either because I have to save him. 

"Aww, calm down. Hey, let me wipe off those tears. I promise I won't make it hurt."

"Get the fuck away from me." Giyuu saw Douma's eyes darken. 

"Oh? So we're not going with the deal. Hah... Well, that's completely fine too! Muzan-sama will be so pleased with two dead Hashira. Perhaps I can even surpass Kokushibo. I never liked him anyway..."

"No. I will do it, but only if you let go of him first. Just give him to me."

"Ah! I am so pleased! Even with our deal, I really doubt he will survive. He really gave me a hard time, you know? He shouted the name "Tomioka" so many times that my ears might have bled. Well, they wouldn't have anyway."

"Hand him over."

"With pleasure~"

Slowly, Douma picked Sanemi up by his neck, squeezing him tight. Putting his face against Sanemi's ear, he whispered. In an apparent show of disgust, Sanemi clenched his teeth tightly. Blood on the grass splattered as Douma threw his body behind Giyuu.

"Shinazugawa..." Giyuu said softly as he spun around and bent over down to face the other. His vision was blurred by tears.

"To... mi... oka..."

"Just... Stop talking. It'll just make it more painful."

"I- I need to tell you something... cuz I'm going to... fucking die..."

"No! You're not going to die. Not today... I already figured something out."

Sanemi reached out to touch Giyuu's hand, pulling it close to his chest. Giyuu felt the vibrations through his skin. Sanemi's steady but fast heartbeat.

"This... is how I feel about you. I never realized it until today. Everything about you is perfect. Even the parts you think are not. You make me crazy."

"Wait, wait. What do you mean?"

"Hey. Are you done talking yet? I'm getting a bit impatient." Douma interrupted.

"Give me some more time! Shitty demon." Giyuu shouted out. 

"I'm crazy about you... Giyuu. Everything you do, I obsess over. I want you... More so now than ev- ever." Sanemi confessed as he coughed up some blood. 

He's calling me by my first name and he wants me? Does that mean... 

Sanemi reached into his sleeve, and he pulled out something that was tucked away. Giyuu couldn't figure out what it was at first. He pulled himself closer to Sanemi and felt his hair being flattened down. A cold piece of metal slid onto his hair.

"This..."

"I thought it would look good on you. It's the one you thought was pretty at the festival... I thought maybe you wanted to have it."

"When? When did you?"

"You were buying ohagi... and I took the chance."

"T-Thank you, Shina- Sanemi... I'll cherish it forever." 

Giyuu touched it carefully, tracing the designs with his fingers. Sanemi smiled weakly with his eyes closed. Giyuu had work to do. He didn't know how much time he had taken away and it needed to be quick. As he lifted himself up, he did not take his gaze off Sanemi, mentally preparing for what was coming. 

"One more thing, Giyuu..."

"Yes?"

"I love you."