27

Giyuu's pov. 

They had gone to a nearby stream to wash off Giyuu's mess which covered Sanemi's hands. They didn't say a word to each other. In the meanwhile, Giyuu splashed some water onto his face, trying to clear up his mind. He kept his hands on his face, avoiding having any eye contact with Sanemi. The events of just a few minutes earlier were still vivid in his mind. There was still a lingering sensation of Sanemi's touch and aggressive kisses on his body. He even imagined what Sanemi could have done in the places he hadn't reached today. Having thought about it, he was embarrassed to think any futher. 

"Hey, something wrong?" Sanemi asked as he crouched over to Giyuu's side. 

"No, nothing is... wrong," Giyuu replied with his hands still in the same position.

"Hmm... don't tell me you're still thinking about it. Are you?"

"Um, no..."

"You know if you want, we could go for a second round..."

"..."

"Should I take that as a "yes"? We could try something different..." 

"Ah! No!"

I mean if we did... Wait no! After all, we're still outside in a forest no matter how far out we may be. There's still a chance we could be caught at any moment... This is not what I thought he meant we would go somewhere "private". 

Giyuu turned himself around, now completely avoiding him. Sanemi was chuckling to himself, making Giyuu go into an even more flustered state. He sulked there in his position like a little child. He wanted to do nothing except go inside a little hole made just for him and perhaps if he were a little demon like Nezuko, he could take shelther inside the wooden box. However, after a while, Giyuu felt a little gentle touch on his arms and then on his hands. Sanemi pulled Giyuu's hands away and turned him over so that he could see his flushed face. 

"Giyuu, I'm just joking, " Sanemi said as he slighty pinched Giyuu's cheeks. 

"Mmh..."

"Forgive me, will you?" 

"..."

"Alright, since you don't want to talk about it, how about we head over there by that boulder?"

"Okay..."

The two of them sat against the moss-covered boulder close by, feeling the cold through their clothing. Sanemi looked into Giyuu's eyes and gave him a sweet but smug smile. He had never felt so loved before and especially to be loved by Sanemi. Never in his wildest dreams would he have imagined that the person who hated him so much in the past is now the person he loves most.

"Giyuu, do you remember when we had that duel at your estate and that I won?"

"Yes, I remember. Why?"

"Do you remember the part where we had a deal?"

"Oh right. The winner would get a wish and you decided to save it for the future."

"Well, now I want to fulfill it."

"What do you want?"

Hopefully it's not that again... 

Sanemi paused for a few seconds before replying. 

"It's just been stuck in the back of my head and I've been wanting to say this for a long time. I want you, Giyuu, to stay with me for the rest of my life. You're the only person I have ever felt this much towards before. No one in my entire life had me so greedy but for a person like you. I want us to go through everything together. Whether it would be good or bad. I love you so much that my heart just might burst out. I actually wanted to say more that day when I fell unconscious to the Upper Moon demon. Now, I can finally say everything that I need to say. I want you to know that you can rely on me and that when you are in danger I will come running in a heartbeat. I know you didn't want me to go find you when I was at that inn, but I just can't help myself to get back to you. From the beginning when I was cruel and harsh to you, I hadn't realized it was because I liked you. I stared at you a lot, unaware of my feelings. All this time, Giyuu, you were the only one for me. "

"I- uh. Sanemi..." Giyuu started to speak when his eyes started to tear up. 

That's really how he felt all along...? I never realized... 

"I'm sorry if I had just said too much there."

"No, no... Thank you so much Sanemi. For giving me your everything. And yes, I will stay with you forever. You are too, the only person I have ever felt this much towards before. I love you Sanemi..."

Giyuu grabbed Sanemi's hand, caressing it and planting a soft kiss on his cheek. Not long after, Giyuu closed his eyes, shyly nuzzling and burying his face into the nook of Sanemi's neck. He felt Sanemi's hand gently patting and ruffling up his hair in return. They stayed there for what seemed like an eternity.