19

Sanemi's pov. 

Where the fucking hell am I? It's so fucking dark and cold. What the hell happened? 

He sat with his legs risen up to his chest. His body was bound with a chilling force. A black blindfold sat on his eyes and no light could get through. With his fingertips, he felt the cool damp wood beneath him. Slightly, he breathed the air and his body began to tremble and weaken. His lungs felt as if they were going to burst and freeze.

"Fuck... I feel like I'm dying..." 

Giyuu... 

Giyuu's pov. 

"Shinazugawa!" 

Holding the ohagi in his hands, he resulted in having to shout out Sanemi's name. Nowhere throughout the festival, he could be found. As he traced steps back to the last place where Sanemi had waited for him, worries began to threaten his mind. The cold air rushed through his body as if winter had already arrived. A faint trail of ice lay ahead. His familiarity with the situation led him to realize what it might be. 

Blood Demon Art. 

He rushed away towards his estate, knowing that they had both left without their nichirin swords. He quickly changed back into his uniform and put on his mismatched haori. A reckless act was committed with both of them wanting to be regular people. The sword was a heavy responsibility to carry around. Things had been occurring too well for him. 

Where? Where? Where?

With two heavy swords in hand, he ran, following the ever-growing presence of the demon. He was led into the cold forest. The vast sky became increasingly dark and enveloped him, but the moon grew brighter every second. He felt anxiety in every corner of his mind as he stepped on the brown leaves below. 

Shouting!  

A distant call echoed, traveling to Giyuu's ears. It became more prominent as he followed forth.  A familiar sound he recognized more and more of these days. Giyuu made out two figures in the shadow ahead. The moon revealed the scene. 

"Fuck you! I'll haunt you till you die! Fuck you Upper Ran-" 

"Shinazugawa!" 

Sanemi's voice cut off with a painful sounding yell. After being severely beaten up, he had several cuts and a large gash on his stomach. A pool of blood formed as it dripped downwards. Sanemi was held up in the air by the blonde demon, who tossed him back and forth like a toy. Giyuu saw the tears welling up in Sanemi's eyes as blinked slowly towards the sky, mouthing words. A wave of indescribable anger filled up inside him. He couldn't let someone he cared about die again. 

I'm no match for this demon. All I try to do is try to escape and defend. I need to get Sanemi now. 

"Let him go!" 

"Ohh? Who do we have here?" The demon questioned. 

"I said let him go."

"Haha! How scary~ Hmm... I'll consider telling you who I am since you're just so easy to defeat. I could use some more entertainment."

"I don't need to know your fucking name. Demons don't deserve them. Your eyes tell me everything I need to know." 

"What a confident Hashira! But a Hashira so stupid, he let his partner getaway!"

Giyuu's body filled with guilt as he should have known better. 

"Right, right. I'm Upper Rank 2, Douma. Nice to meet you."

"It's a fucking pleasure to have you in my sight."

Douma stared at Giyuu with a cruel smile as he pinned Sanemi up against the tree and harshly dropped him to the cold ground. Giyuu eagerly unsheathed both swords, preparing to use both against the cold-hearted demon. 

"Ah? Didn't I already tell you? You won't be able to defeat me. Don't you remember that other Hashira? What was his name again? Right! I made Akaza tell me! Kyojuro!"

"Rengoku."

"Anyways, that Flame Hashira died in the hands of the Upper Rank 3. Exactly, one rank below me. I just don't know how serious I can take you! Hmm? Well, you know we could make a deal."

"What deal?"

I'm getting desperate. I can't let him die. 

"Although you are a guy and I only enjoy eating and getting entertained by women. I can make an exception."

"Get to the point already. I can't stand being in front of demons."

"I will let him live if you let me have fun with that fuckable body of yours." Douma smiled viciously.