17

Sanemi's pov.

"Fuck! Friends?"

"..."

"You call this a fucking friendship?!"

"Wel-"

"I don't think what we've been doing is what friends do. It's jus-

Stop. Why the fuck am I getting angry?

"What do you mean?"

"You know what? Yeah. We're friends."

"We are?"

"Yeah, I'm sure."

"Thank you for being my friend."

Sanemi felt a bit disappointed, but he understood why Giyuu thought of him as a friend. He hadn't done anything to really confirm his feelings. Now, he just needed to try harder. He didn't want to go on with it being one-sided. Sanemi knew something the other didn't.

"Shinazugawa, let's go inside and wash up. There's still time before the festival starts."

"Fine."

The both of them went inside, Giyuu leading back to the direction of his room. Sanemi looked around again, searching for anything. Plants, paintings, pictures, there was nothing.

There's really almost nothing in this house. I swear mine has a least a bit more decoration.

They reached Giyuu's room. The only room in the entire house that had a bit of something, was destroyed by that lower-ranked demon. All that remained was the small bed. Giyuu stepped into the room, walking towards it. He lifted one end, trying to drag it out.

"Hey. I'll help you."

"Thanks..."

"Since you're my friend."

Both Hashira's carried the bed into the hallway until they reached a vacant room. This one was smaller, but still decently sized. The room had a small window opposite the door into the corner. They thought it was appropriate to place the bed below the window.

"Thank you again."

"No need."

"Just wait here. I'll draw the bath. The bathroom is just to the right of the hallway."

"You can go first when it's done."

"Ah. Alright."

Sanemi sat on the bed, thinking about the festival. He had never willingly gone to such a place. He was just too busy with his life slaying demons. He had only seen festivals afar or gone through them because of missions. It was an attraction for demons to lurk. He just hoped no commodities would happen that night.

If only I could have a normal life.

Not too long after, a knock sounded on the door. It was probably Sanemi's turn to bathe. He grunted as walked up to turn the doorknob. The sight made him warm inside. Giyuu stood in front of him half-naked. His long hair was out and water dripped down his body.

"Shinazugawa, I'm done. There's a towel in the bathroom for you to use."

"Hah, thanks..."

Shit! Calm down. Why the fuck does he need to be that pretty?!

Sanemi stepped into the steamy room, he realized he would be bathing in the same water.

Oh my fucking god.

After a while, Sanemi got out of the bath and put his towel on, grabbing his clothes. He walked into the room where Giyuu sat on his bed, now fully clothed. He was reading a long letter.

"Whose letter you reading?"

"Oh! It's Tanjiro's."

"What's that scarred boy got to say?"

"Mostly his sister and missions."

"Pft! So you're his pen pal?"

"Well, not really since I don't respond."

"That seems like you."

"I found a set of yukata's and I'm not sure if you wanted to wear it to the festival or not."

"Yukatas? Yeah, I guess so."

"Which one do you want?"

"I don't care. You choose."

"Here, you have the grey one and I'll have the blue."

Since Sanemi only had his towel on, he wanted to take it off now so that he could change into the yukata quickly. Unlike himself, he thought Giyuu would be fine with that since they were just friends.

"I'm just going to change here."

"Wai-"