23

Sanemi's pov.

Where am I? This shitty place is dark. Wait... What's that in the distance?

He looked ahead into this dark strange domain, walking towards a standing figure in the dim light. His pace quickened, as he ran with his arms stretched forward. He recognized that the figure was the man he loved - Giyuu. Sanemi's face lightened up with hope and turned sour in an instant when Giyuu slowly bled out of his eyes and mouth. He yelled with fear and peered down at his feet when the floor began to spin below him. Each step he took, the faster the floor became. No matter how far and hard he ran, Giyuu drew back further and further until he was out of sight.

"GIYUU!! AHHH! GIYUU COME BACK!"

Samenimi's body jerked into full awareness. As his head throbbed with pain, he placed the palm of his hand and rubbed it against his temple, trying to open his eyes.  Putting down his hand, he began to feel the soft futon under his body. While observing his surroundings, he discovered a small wooden desk crammed into the windowless room he had been sleeping in. He began to think that he was staying in some type of cheap inn.

It appeared that someone had changed him into fresh clothing. A red stain appeared on his fingers when he touched the blood-soaked bandage that covered his wounds. After a long struggle, he got up but collapsed right back onto the futon.

"Shit... I need to know where I fucking am. Useless crows."

Better yet. I need to know where's Giyuu. He can't be fucking dead. He can't be... Right?

He clutched his stomach as he dragged himself to the sliding door. Before he could slide the door open, a friendly-looking old man appeared before him, holding a small cup of green tea. Sanemi stared at him menacingly, pushing him aside, causing the hot tea to spill onto the hard floor. The old man whimpered in panic as he tried to catch up to Sanemi's loud thumps of impatience through the narrow hallway. 

"Wait! Sir! You are too injured to be going out on your own. You need more rest..." The old man yelled loudly. 

"What would you fucking know?" Sanemi asked blankly. 

"Well... um..."

"I'm going out. My crow will send your money to pay for the stay."

If my crow will ever fucking appear.

"Crow? Um... That would not be necessary sir! A young man came here who had already paid for the cost."

The light in Sanemi's eyes brightened with hope and anticipation. He turned his body around to the face of the troubled old man, stepping toward him, making his presence more frightening. 

"Tell me. What did the man look like?"

"S-sorry, I was given orders not to tell any-"

"Tell me! What. Did. The. Man. Look. Like?" Sanemi grabbed the scared old man by his clothing, lifting him up until his feet did not touch the ground, slightly choking him. 

"F-fine! He has black hair tied in a long ponytail, a wrecked dark uniform, umm... he carried two swords on his waist, and he also looked quite injured."

"Giyuu..."

"Ahh! Please don't go out to find him."

"Why the fuck should I listen to you?!"

"Because he said he didn't want you to find him!"

"That's just going to make me want to find him."

Finding his way out of the small space, he walked away from the man. The morning had been damp with recent snow. He knew he was in the town where the festival was held, but he wasn't sure how long he had been out. The last time he had been here, most leaves were still attached to their trees and it had only just begun to fall. Above his head, a loud caw called out his name. 

"Shinazugawa Sanemi! Shinazugawa Sanemi! You have a message! You have a message!" 

"Tell me you stupid crow!"

"You have been given an order to return to the Demon Slayer's Headquarters! You have been given an order to return to the Demon Slayer's Headquarters!"

"Where's Tomioka Giyuu?!" He shouted out, ignoring the people who stared at him.

"There have been no recent sightings of Tomioka Giyuu! He also has yet to return to the Demon Slayer's Headquarters!" 

"Shit!"

Oyakata-sama has just got to wait a bit then... I'll have to go out on my own. 

"Wait! Wait!" A different crow cawed. This one was old and flew wobbly in the air. 

"Tomioka Giyuu was in a nearby forest searching for an item and has recently obeyed the order! He shall be on his way!" 

"Good... I might have just killed myself just to be with you, Giyuu..."