4

Giyuu's pov. 

"That...won't be necessary, Shinazugawa."

A pink flush rushed over Giyuu's cheeks, feeling relief as the room was dim so Sanemi couldn't see his reaction. He was surprised by the Hashira, as this was the first and only act of a display of kindness. But was this really his kindness? He couldn't tell. 

"Come on, just take off your clothes. I already tore it off and it's not like I wanted to. This is the only chance you'll get of me since you completed the mission."

"I just- I'll do it later."

"Later? When I'm not in the room? You're shy, aren't you? Pft. The great Water PIllar, he is."

Giyuu had no response. 

"You can't exactly wrap up that bloody mess by yourself, can you? How about I do it for you? 

There was a bit of a pause in the last words of Sanemi. It seemed as if he was contemplating his decisions. 

"I can do it by myself, thank you."

"Fine by me."

Sanemi handed over the torn fabric over the Giyuu. He grabbed it as he accidentally brushed Sanemi's hands while drawing the fabric to himself. 

"Sorry."

"Just...quickly wrap it up."

Giyuu unbuttoned the top of his uniform, sliding the right side of the fabric off his shoulder. He winced at the pain. In battle, he should not act in this way, but here there were no enemies around. With the piece of fabric, he struggled to put it on, taking longer than he should. 

He heard a shuffle around him. He had guessed Sanemi to be agitated by the pace of which he was taking to seal his wound. Sanemi turned to face Giyuu, his hands on the fabric, his eyes gazing into his.

Giyuu swallowed. He could feel his own heart beating faster. He was nervous and he didn't know why. 

"Here, I'll just do it for you, since can't seem to finish this yourself."

"I- uh."

Giyuu watched as Sanemi looped the fabric over his shoulder, him focusing on not missing any spots. Giyuu felt a breath over his neck, sensing that his face was close. 

He studied the Wind Pillar. Scanning his hair, eyes, neck, lips. He felt rude to look. 

Sanemi had caught his stare. He had finished wrapping up the wound, his head moving up straight. He stared back looking into Giyuu's dark blue eyes. 

"Done."

"Thank you, Shinazugawa.'

"Let's just stay here for the night. It shouldn't be a problem to take a break as the demons in this area are gone."

Giyuu had said nothing but just nodded. 

Time had passed and both Giyuu and Sanemi were now both laying their backs onto a wall, beside each other, trying to get some rest. Giyuu began to doze off his head tilting over to his left side, landing on Sanemi's shoulder. He knew he was there but was too exhausted to keep his head off. He was expectant of Sanemi moving away or even lashing out at him, but nothing happened. Then, Giyuu felt a soft little thud on top of his head. 

Hi everyone! I will try to update a bit more, but due to my procrastination, some updates will come later. Stay tuned! <3