(13)Year 1:Wizard's Chess

We enter a dark room, with broken pieces all around it.

Hermione says. "I don't like this. I don't like this at all." While I have my arm around her I say." I'm on the same boat with Mione."

 Harry's confusion says. "Where are we? A graveyard?"

Ron sighs and says. "This is no graveyard. It's a chessboard." Walks out onto the marble board and flames light, illuminating the board and GIANT players. 

Harry and Hermione come up with him.JaVa takes her arm off of Hermione and say's. "There's the door."We walk across the board, towards the door. Suddenly, as they reach a line of pawns, the pawns bring up their swords. 

The three jump and back up.Hermione says. "Now what do we do?"

Ron starts talking again. "It's obvious, isn't it? We've got to play our way across the room. All right. Harry, you take the Bishop's square. JaVa goes by the castle square. Hermione, you'll be at the Queen's side castle. As for me, I'll be a knight." 

They all take their places." Hermione asks. "What happens now?"

Ron aboard a horse then say's. "Well, white moves first, and then...we play." A pawn on the other side moves forward. Ron studies the game.

Hermione looks at ron." Ron, you don't suppose this is going to be like that."Before she said anything I said. "Is this like a real wizard's chess?"

Ron says to the bord. "You there! D-5!" A black pawn moves forward, diagonal to the white pawn. The white pawn raises its swords and smashes the black one. 

The 4 jump.Ron says. "Yes, Hermione, I think this is going to be exactly like wizard's chess!"The game continues. 

Pieces smash each other, boom! Boom! Ron screams. "Castle to E-4!" Smash! Ron screams. "Pawn to C-3!" Smash! Boom! The Queen turns and smashes a piece! Harry, Ron and Hermione wince but JaVae ducks.

The Queen turns again. Both Ron and Harry study the game. Harry yells. "Wait a minute."

Ron sounded sad. "You understand right, Harry. Once I make my move, the Queen will take me...then you'll be free to check the King." 

Harry says back. "No, Ron! No!"Hermione looks at Harry and asks. "What is it?"

Harry says to the girls. "He's going to sacrifice himself!''

Hermione starts to freak out and says. "No, Ron, you can't! There must be another way!"

JaVa then says."Move me, sacrifice me."Ron turns to face Hermione and JaVa. Do you want to stop Snape or not? Harry and JaVa, it's you 2 that has to go on. I know it.

 Not me, not Hermione, you and you." Harry nods while a tear was daring to escape JaVas eyes and Ron says.Knight...to H-3." Ron's horse moves forward, slides and stops.

Ron says. "Check."The Queen turns and advances. Ron breathes faster, clutching the steel reins. 

The Queen stops. SMASH! Ron goes flying off the horse and lands on the floor, unconscious.

Ron screams. "Ahhhh!" I started to cry.Harry screams. "RON!" Hermione starts walking to him.

But Harry stops not seeing JaVa crying. "NO! Don't move! Don't forget, we're still playing." Hermione moves back.

Harry walks the diagonal in front of the King and says. "Checkmate." The King's sword falls onto the ground. Harry breathes out and then the two run to Ron. 

They bend beside him, Harry says. "Take care of Ron. Then, go to the owlery. Send a message to Dumbledore. Ron's right...I have to go on."

Hermione says, still holding Ron and JaVa holding Ron's hand."You'll be okay, Harry. You're a great wizard, you really are."

Harry says. "Not as good as you."

Hermione smiled and said. "Me? Books and cleverness? There are more important things. Friendship, and bravery. And Harry, just be careful but even with her."

Harry nods and JaVa waves and they both walk away.