8 -Trouble In Paradise

Dumbledore looked at the three of you obviously holding back his own laughter at the pretty in pink Severus Snape. He allowed you to continue your laughing until Professor McGonagall arrived in his office. By then, the laugher had died down into soft chuckles as long as no one made eye contact.

Your mom walked right past you and scowled her disapprovement face at you. Which only made holding back your laughter that much harder. "Headmaster. What do I owe this pleasure?"

"As you can tell Minerva, we have a handful of pranksters running amuck at our school. Being all Gryffindors I assume you can come up with their punishment. Having already received house points taken away, what do you suppose their punishment would be for exploding a pink confetti bomb onto Severus Snape in the middle of his lesson?"

Her face contorted in a mix of anger and amusement. She took a deep breath steading her underlying laughter before responding. "Detention with Professor Snape for two days after being inspected for anything suspicious. "

George smirked and retorted; "We get to be strip searched b-"

"by daddy bat?" Fred finished. Again fits of laughter spring up from the three of you. Professor McGonagall held her lips for she knew she would add to the laughter if her rage wasn't brimming.

Dumbledore held up his hand and everyone bite their lips to stop the laughter. "Detention is fine but no strip searching will be occurring. Very sorry for the disappointment." His eyes sparkled under his half moon glasses and you could just tell he was egging on the fire. "You're dismissed." The three of us bolt out of Headmaster's office only for your collar to be grabbed by your mother dragging you to her office.

"I have somewhere to be after this period. I need to go. Please, I'll come talk to you after dinner I promise." You pleaded but she wasn't listening. She was immensely angry.

"You must stop hanging out with those boys when they're pulling their pranks. You'll get yourself into loads of trouble." McGonagall said once the two of you had been brought to her office.

"I'm not going to ditch my friends. I'm not scared of getting in trouble. It's fun and blood rushing. Besides mom when have you done anything risky?" you wait for an answer and when one doesn't come you say; "Exactly never." You open her office door, walk out, and slam it shut. Now Snape wasn't the only dramatic one.

You find yourself in Snape's room three minutes after the late bell. He was in the storage room furiously trying to scrub out the pink from his clothes. You walk over to find that he was wearing black sweats and a black polo all of his work clothes thrown into the sink and soaking. You grin happily at the pink still stuck in his greasy hair.

You don't say anything to him knowing he's upset with you. So instead you grab a cauldron from the stack and head to a desk. You left your bag in your mother's office in your angry storm out so you grab the ingredients off the shelf from memory. You carefully filled the pot and began doing the steps carefully exactly how you remembered for the Everlasting Elixir.

You could here Snape leave the storage room but you don't look up at him. Instead you begin counting your stirs aloud. Finally you finish stirring and begin the next steps. But Severus distracts you by coming and standing directly behind you leaning over your shoulder to see the contents of the cauldron. He hums lightly in your ear in approval and his hands find your waist. You stiffen and he stops. He slowly backs away and your head lowers.

"Severus." He hits the desk behind you as he continues backing away. You turn to meet his gaze and you're met with fear and confusion. "I think... last night... well it was too soon. You see I-"

"Don't worry Miss McGonagall. I understand." His face goes back to it's hard stone expression that it always was and your heart stops.

"No, see you don't understand. I do like you." He holds up his hand to stop you and tears prickle your eyes.

"Your everlasting elixir is correct so far. Keep up the work." He left and went back to the storage room to continue cleaning the pink from his clothing. You regretted saying anything. Instead of taking things slow you're now taking things nowhere. Not backwards not forwards just nothing at all.

The want to complete the elixir was gone and you stopped the heat on the cauldron. So instead you sat on the floor and let one tear after the next slide down your face. Never letting a sob escape. Snape returned and when he didn't see you at your desk he sighed. "That girl infuriates me to no end!" He yelled to himself. "Merlin save me." He was no longer yelling it sounded as if he was pleading.

Your voice came out in barely a whisper but loud enough for him to hear. "I just want to date you Severus Snape." The pacing that he had started suddenly stopped to the sound of your voice. He glanced around the room trying to see you but being in between the desk on the floor made it impossible for him to see you from his desk.

He walked closer to the sound of your voice. "I want to take things slowly. I- I've never been... romantic before." You confessed, feeling a sob rise. You could now see his shoes in front of you. Slowly the rest of him came into view as he knelt down in front of you.

"I don't want to ruin this thing that has barely started!" Finally the sob came loose and you sounded like a blubbering mess.

Snape leaned in and grabbed your shoulders carefully pulling you into his chest. His warmth and kindness melted you and the tears streamed freely now. You breathed in his scent that somehow now had a hint of pink. Not that pink has a smell. But it kind of did. It was if his parchment smell had been drawn on with pink crayon. It made you chuckle.

Snape pulled you back when he heard you laugh. He raised an eyebrow and you managed to get out, "You smell pink." He only laughed and pulled you back to his chest.