3 - Quidditch

The morning sun cracks through the window cascading over everything in your door room. You check the clock.

*6:50*

You groan. 'It's too early to be up!' You roll out of bed and head for the showers. Once your out of the showers and dressed you head down for breakfast. You get to the Great Hall to see only a few students at one big table. Most kids sleep in and don't eat until lunch on Saturdays so there isn't a very good reason to have us all split up into different houses.

At the front of the room at the Professor's Table is Professor Dumbledore, Snape, and McGonagall. The few kids scattered at the table are all from different houses but one face you recognise immediately. Hermione Granger. One of the smartest Gryffindors you know.

"Hey Hermione!" You call. "Mind if I join you?" She doesn't look up from her book.

"Oh yeah sure." She mumbled. You just smirk. Hermione is never out of a book unless her foolish friends pull her into trouble. You've seen some of it knowing Ronald Weasley but truth be told you never really got to know the girl. You let her read in peace but continue to keep her company as you eat and study your plays for the upcoming Quidditch game today.

The quidditch match comes quickly starting at 2. You've mostly spent the day practicing your animagus form in order to get it right. A few times you turned into a crow with human arms instead of wings.

You're have your broomstick in hand as you walk to the field with Quinn. She's so excited to watch you play. She always tells you to try going pro but it never seemed to be what you wanted. Fed & George join you as Quinn heads off into the stands.

"Ready y/n?" George says.

"Excited y/n?" Fred says.

You laugh at the mischievous twins. "Yes I'm ready I've been practicing non stop. We better win!"

"Yeah the Ravenclaws ar-" Fred started

"are going down!" George finished.

Everyone gets ready as Oliver Wood pumps up the team. Everyone looks to Harry signalling to him that he better catch the snitch. He was the youngest seeker ever and very good too. You on the other hand were the teams best keeper. Everyone cheers when you block a goal some even chant ridiculous things.

The best part about being keeper is you can see everything going on around you. You have the power to direct everything going on and everyone trusts you. But when you make the wrong call it's up to you to make it up.

The game is getting heated and Potter still hasn't caught the snitch. The Ravenclaws are getting angrier at your ever increasing scores and begin fouling and cursing.

"Potter's caught the snitch! He's done it again!" The announcer yelled. A boy on the other team pushed Fred off his broom. As you saw it happen you dove down and caught Fred. The boy who shoved him came barreling at you right as you landed on the ground. His fist was in the arm in seconds of landing. But you were quicker. You always had been. You jumped in front of Fred and caught the boys fist twisting his arm.

Snape yelled something and the two of you were forced apart. You looked to the twins who had matching fearful smirks. Fearful that Fred could have been majorly injured but smirks knowing that the boy would be made fun of for losing to a girl.

You pushed against whatever was holding you back from fighting. Your shoes digging into the ground for any support. You bared your teeth at him and growled. Snape was on the ground with Minerva, Sprout and Hootch in seconds. The rest of your team was cheering and carrying Potter for helping with the win. Not even realizing the drama going down.

"Y/n my office now. You too boys." McGonagall grabbed my arm and pulled me away from the fight, Fred and George following behind.

Sprout and Snape handled the boy who started the fight. He apparently is getting a month worth of suspension with Mrs Sprout and a suspension from the Ravenclaw quidditch team.

McGonagall dropped the boys off in the infirmary to make sure Fred wasn't hurt and put you in a seat in her office.

"What was that?" She questioned.

"He attacked Fred! What were you expecting me to do?" I snapped back.

"You shouldn't act like that no matter what happened. You were ready to break the boys arm!"

"Well then he shouldn't have tried to punch Fred." You huffed and turned away from her. The silence growing thick. Both of you were upset and flustered. "Sorry mom, but I'd do it again in a heartbeat."

She sighed, "I know dear. It's good that you stood up for your friend but fighting is not tolerated on school ground. I need to give you a punishment but it'll be small since you did save Mr Weasley from falling and being pummeled." You nod in understanding. "Detention with me after Dinner Monday. Don't be late."

"Okay. I love you mom."

"I love you too dear."

You leave her office after a few minutes of catching up and head down to your common room. On the way your rounded a corner too quickly and slammed right into a tall figure. The body towering over you.

"Miss McGonagall?" His dark voice had a hint of surprise mixed in with the clear annoyance that showed anything his words drawled out. "Watch where you are going."

The pit in your stomach swallowed you whole. "Y-Yes s-sir." You stuttered out. Never before in you life have you been this close to Snape. Your heartbeat only proved that as it hammered away in your chest.

He realized your panic and could hear your hammering heart from being this close to him. His brain went back to the shaking of your hand as you talked to him only two nights ago. Again his brain immediately went to Minerva. 'Has she been abusing this poor child. It seems as though she can't be near an authority figure without stumbling over her words and being terrified.' But that wasn't it at all. You didn't realize it yet. But that pit in your stomach was from being embarrassed about making a mistake in front of your crush. The shaking hands? Nerves. The stuttering? Wanting to find the perfect words to give him. As if it were the most important present you'd ever give.

Now you rerouted where you planned on going. Instead of going back to your dorm you went to the library. The one place Quinn would always be on a Saturday after a quidditch match. Pretending to be reading but actually watching her crush like a hawk. Angelina Johnson. One of the Gryffindor Chaser.

I walked into the library and could see Quinn wil her book on the table 'pretending' to read.

"You better make it more obvious. I could see you staring from the doorway." You tease as you get closer.

"Shhhh." She silently yelled at me by raising her eyebrows.

I sit down next to her and whisper in her ear. "Her boyfriend broke up with her two weeks ago and she's been looking around." you hit her side gently. "Go ask her on a date."

"What if she's straight?" You physically laugh out loud earning you a glare from everyone there.

"You guys flirt non stop even while she was dating. I see her looking at you from the Gryffindor table sometimes during meals. Just go spark up a conversation and finish my Charms homework. If she says no we'll go to my dorm and if she says yes I'll go to my dorm." This time it's her turn to laugh. But she does it quietly. "Deal?"

"Deal." She gets up and walks over to Angelina. You can just barely make out what she's saying but Angelica is too quiet. Quinn smiles and you laugh internally while packing up. You quietly and quickly leave and go to your dormitories. You give yourself a small high five once your inside for helping your bestie get the girl.