2 - Retake

*11:00*

Lunch starts and you sit with the Weasley's everyday, today being no exception. Fred & George went on and on about a giant prank they were planning on pulling in Herbology. Whilst their little brother Ron shoved food in his mouth to no extent and hung out with his friends.

Over the years you got to know the Weasleys well and even spend some breaks at their house if Minerva has too much to do. This caused a strong unbreakable bond with the twins and a love for their pranks. But today your mind didn't care about their 'huge prank', because right after this you'd be hurrying down to potions to retake this semester's big test.

It was almost end fall and most of the trees had shed their leaves. The chilly fall breeze crept through the hallways and even snuck into the well heated great hall. You shivered from the cold and nodded at the boys.

"Guys I have a big test after this. Any chance we could talk about the prank after? I really need to do some extra scramming if I'm going to pass."

"Of course Y/n!" Fred exclaimed.

"Certainly Y/n." George said.

The boys had a knack for saying things at the exact same time sometimes even saying the same things as well. Other times when they let each other talk. One will butt in and finish the sentence for the other.

"Thanks guys." You turn away from them and pull of your potions text book. For the next 30 minutes you cram while slowly eating your lunch. Almost the entire time you could feel eyes on you. Whether it was from the twins, Ron and his friends, Quinn your Hufflepuff bff, or lurking eyes from the teacher's table you couldn't quite tell. But it was enough to distract you every now and then.

The bell tolls signaling the end of lunch. Everyone gets up and leaves for class as you're left scrambling trying to get your books back into the bag. Knowing you can't be late you practically run down the stairs and into the dungeon. Everyone gets 4 minutes in between periods so though you left lunch a minute late you were still the only student in the potions classroom. Snape was sitting at his desk already busily grading papers.

"Miss McGonagall, I saw you studying during lunch you should have no problem finishing today. The test is on the desk I pointed out to you yesterday. When you are done, flip your test to the back and raise your hand until I come over. You may not have any study help or music present and if you even glance up from your test I'll dock you 5 points. Proceed." His cool, dark voice drawled pronouncing certain words were more emphasis to show his annoyance.

You head to the desk taking deep breaths. You have this test in the bag you just need to focus. The fourth years start to trickle in as soon as you're seated. Just as Snape had said they were relatively quiet especially compared your loud class who at least chatters until the late bell rings. And they quickly got to work on their potions from yesterday.

You pull out your pencil and flip the test to the front. You write your name and the date and begin your test not looking up once.

The period is almost over when you sigh. Finally the test is done and you feel very confident about it. For the first time since you started you lift your gaze to Professor Snape and raise your hand.

Snape finishes what he was doing and comes over. He flips through the pages as his narrowed eyes scan over it. "Very well, you are dismissed. I'll see you in Advanced Potions shortly."

"Thank you Professor." You stand grabbing your bag and hefting it over your shoulder. As you go to leave your hand brushes Professor Snape's and your heart flips. You expect him to yell at you. But he stands still helping the kids at one of the tables. You leave and head to the library where you know Quinn is. You have about 20 minutes left of this period before you have DADA.

Your schedule is,

Mondays, Wednesdays, Thursdays, Fridays: Breakfast, Transfiguration, Herbology, Charms, Lunch, Free Period, DADA, Advanced Potions, Free Period, Dinner.

Tuesdays: Breakfast, Care of Magical Creatures, Alchemy, Divination, Lunch, Free period, Muggle Studies, Flying, Astronomy, Free Period, Dinner.

Each class being 1 hour long. Breakfast is at 7 am sharp, lunch at 11, dinner at 6 pm. There is 2 hours after the last free period to allow for extra student teacher help or to allow students to explore the grounds and relax. After dinner though students must remain inside the castle and must be within their dormitories after 9 pm. For quidditch players, practices rotate around the 2 hour free time before dinner.

You make it to the library in 5 minutes and you see Quinns blond curls in the back corner where you two always meet up.

"Where have you been? I've actually been studying because I couldn't hang out with you!" Your eyebrow raises in suspicion. Never once in her life has Quinn actually studied.

"Well, if that's true, your grades will appreciate it." You snicker.

"Hey! Just because my grades don't reflect it I'm very knowledgeable. You only get good grades because McGonagall would be furious if you didn't. I can't wait for us to graduate next year and for us to escape from this beautiful prison. I haaate school."

"She's really not that bad. I just want to impress her. She loves me but she's just really busy. Also this school is wonderful just some teachers aren't as great."

"Yeah like the dungeon bat?" She laughed before continuing; "I still can't believe he let you make up that test! So not like him." she paused lost in thought. "You think... he likes you?" We both bust into giggles receiving a deathly glare from Madam Pince.

"More like being afraid of my mom." I say through hushed giggles. "The only time I've ever seen his demeanor shift is when he's cowering from being 'spoken to' by her." You think back on the last time you saw them speaking and Snape looked annoyed but also like he was going to shit himself from having Minerva mad at him. Laughing "No one messes with mom."

The bell for class ending rang. Forcing Quinn and you to end the conversation and hurry down to the DADA classroom.

DADA, Potions, and free period all finished and you make your way down to the quidditch field. Friday afternoons were always the days that Gryffindor practiced unless we could get another day to work. This week we have a game on Saturday so we have already had two practices so far.

Oliver Wood ran practices very professionally to make sure that Gryffindors would win. But it made for some awful practices when all of us just needed a good laugh. You take quidditch so seriously because it's your favorite sport compared to all the muggle sports. But also because of what happened to Minerva. You always find yourself out here on the field practicing no matter the weather every weekend. Quinn usually joins you for some one on one time or you're alone. Fred and George always are to preoccupied to do any extra practicing.

After practice, you head to dinner and happily pile lots onto your plate. Practice had worn you out but also made you very hungry. Though you were excited to eat, one pair of eyes never seemed to leave you. It made you very uneasy at first. You turn to look at the head table and notice Professor Snape's eyes are concentrated on you. At first you don't believe it, but then you make eye contact with him. The butterflies in your stomach make you feel full but you break away from the staring match to eat knowing that you'll be hungry tonight if you don't.