Chapter Twenty: 389

Start from the beginning

"Cara! Cara, where are you-no!' I heard Emily behind me. Wait, Emily? Tyler spun me around and held me close to him. Emily's eyes were filled with hurt and I saw the person behind her. Eric's eyes were hard, and cold.

"What the hell is this Elise." He didn't bother to use my alias anymore. Tyler placed my hands in his.

"Look Eric, I can explain. Tyler said he might leave BrickStone for me. Because he loves me, and I love him back." Bam. The biggest lie ever told just came from my lips. 

When I was five I lied about stealing a kid's crayons. When I was ten, I lied about my first kiss. But now, at twenty-six, I lied about being in love with a monster.

Emily looked sick, and Eric looked angry.

"You-you what?" He sputtered. "You can't love him, he's ruined your life. Snap out of Silver!" He ordered. I felt Tyler kiss the top of my head. Bad idea.

"Ty, stop. You don't love her, you know that." Emily tried to persuade him. Couldn't they see my plan? As to prove a point to Tyler. I spun around and captured Tyler's lips with my own. I heard Emily gasp. As we broke apart I saw him smile brightly.

"Look at her Tyler, she can't stand you. It's all forced. Elise, this isn't the way to do this." You idiot Eric! He was destroying the little trust Tyler had in me.

"Is it true Elise, were you lying to me?" I was stuck between a rock and a hard place. Eric was expecting me to turn him away, but if I did he would never trust me again. I gulped and looked at Tyler.

"I'm not lying Ty, please believe me!" I said weakly. He nodded and pursed his lips. Grabbing his cell, he put it to his ear.

"Jones, bring Henry and Marie to me now. I'm ready to leave." Wait what? We all looked confused.

"Go you two, unless you want to rot at BrickStone forever." Tyler snarled.

"No! We're not leaving Silver behind. Let her go Tyler, now." Eric commanded, walking closer to me. People were starting to look at us curiously, and Tyler pulled me off the main path.

"Listen Cane, I could have you arrested in a second. You too Emily, I could make up some charge. I'm giving you a chance to walk away, before my bodyguards get here and you go to the New York BrickStone. Make your choice." Emily looked like she wanted to cry.

"Fine. Elise, come on." Eric said. What was I supposed to do now?

"Elise, think about what I'm willing to sacrifice for you! You could be free of your life as a criminal, and live happily with me!" Tyler pleaded. We really didn't have much time before his backup got here.

"I can give you the world Silver, no more fighting, no more running! I'll even give up BrickStone for you, my company! I'll give it to my brother or something!" He begged me. It sounded so tempting, with or without my plan. Eric looked so pissed though, and betrayed.

"I'm sorry." I whispered at them. Leaning into Tyler, I made my choice. Emily wiped away tears and her face turned hard.

"Then we'll be going. Good-bye Elise, enjoy your new life. I hope you rot in hell, you deserve it." She turned on her heel and walked away.

"Can I just, give her one last hug?" Eric asked. A strange request, but Tyler nodded. Walking towards him slowly, he wrapped his arms around me.

"I know what you're trying to do, I know your plan. We'll attack BrickStone in two weeks, get Tyler and yourself out of there. Go on a vacation to somewhere, nowhere near France though. Good luck 199, and Bradley is in Aruba now, but he was just here." He whispered this all in a rush. Stepping back, he turned and ran after Emily, as Henry and two other operatives came around the other way.

"We have the car ready for you Mr. Patel." Henry started, then saw me. "Silver! How are you, are you alright? You could've killed yourself you silly fool, do you have any injuries?" He ran over to me and hugged me. How was he not mad at me, I almost had him killed!

"Mr. Hamilton, please back away from Miss Silver. Take us to the apartment I'm currently in now." Tyler switched into business mode, all cold and disgruntled.

"Jones, I need to talk with you privately. Mr. Hamilton and Miss Lockwood will walk ahead with you Elise." I nodded. Henry and the lady, Marie, sped up their pace.

"Nice to meet you Silver, I'm Marie." She was Spanish, in her late twenties. With golden skin and striking green eyes, she could have been a model.

"Nice to meet you too Miss." I said quietly. She chuckled, shaking her head.

"Call me Marie, and I haven't been Miss for a while now." She held up her left hand with a big stone on her ring finger. 

"Oh, sorry Marie. If I may ask, how long have you been married?"  We were almost at the car, Henry had run up ahead. 

"Three years Elise, three happy years. Good on you for dropping out of this buisness, Tyler will be great for you. Even though you can't stand his guts." She added quickly.

"Is it that obvious?" I sighed. We arrived at the car, and Henry opened the door for us. 

"No, it's not. I can just tell. Maybe one day you'll love him as much as he loves you." I climbed into the middle row and she stepped out of the car. Tyler had caught up with us. 

"You guys take the other car, Elise and I will just take this one. Go back to the base, I'm taking the week off. Tell Tucker he's going to have to take over for me." What? Tyler noticed my shocked expression and went pale. I jumped out of the van and began to run, but Henry caught me and threw me into the front seat. He shut the door and Tyler hit the gas.  

"TYLER OPEN THE GOD DAMN DOOR!" I shouted. Pulling out my cell phone, I started to dial Eric's number. He picked up immediately.

"Elise? What's going on?" He asked and I almost shouted my next words.

"GET OUT OF THERE NOW ERIC T-" Tyler grabbed my phone and threw it out the window. Pressing his arm against me, he finally slowed down.

"Tucker is there! You're going to arrest them, no! God dammit Tyler, let me out of this car!" I screamed. He shook his head. 

"Just calm down Lise, please calm down." He repeated until I leaned back into my seat. 

"Tucker is my cousin, all right. He was sent to protect you, but he knows Danny in the resistance. He's not going after them, I have another solution to that problem. Please Elise, please believe me." Lies, that was all lies! I had to get to Eric, the Resistance! Unlocking my door, I noticed Tyler sped up.

"Elise, PLEASE! Be rational, please!" Be rational? I was about to open my door when I felt my whole body go slack. Immediately after, I felt the sharp pain in my neck and ringing in my ears. 

"Tyler." I whispered before everything went black.

Unknown P.O.V.

"Tell me where she is Matthews, or I'll kill your kid!" I yelled, and slapped the operative. He shook his head defiantly and I shrugged.

"Suit yourself, bring in Damien!" I called to Coyle and he brought in the screaming boy. Poor kid was so young. The man instantly paled, he thought we were bluffing. 

"She's in New York, now with Tyler! He's giving her a week with him, he loves her!" Pathetic. I untied him and he ran to his son. 

"Jared, grab as many people as you can. Also, I need you to kill Eric and Tucker, no questions." He looked confused, but ran off. Strolling into my office, I sat down at my computer desk and pressed two buttons.

"What am I going to do with you Elise, you drive me crazy. I know you can't hear me, but you know I love you." I recoiled with disgust. Stopping the live feed, I reached into my pocket and grabbed a photo.

Dear Shrimp, 

Roses are Red, Violets are blue, No matter what happens, I'll always be there for you

Happy Birthday Brat,

-Elise

Flipping over the photo, I looked into the sparkling eyes of the young girl, and for the umpteeth time, wished she was here with me.