Ienzo and ATW's tearful reunion/Aqua and Terra VS Vanitas

At Radiant Garden, Demyx could not believe what Vexen had said. "WHAAA—?!"

Vexen covered Demyx's mouth. "Quiet, you dunce!"

Demyx moved Vexen's hand away and frowned. "But, dude, why would you pick me?"

Vexen wagged his finger at Demyx. "I cannot let the chosen catch wind of this, understand?"

Demyx glared at Vexen. "Oh, I see! It's because I got benched!"

"I got "benched" too!" Vexen shouted.

Demyx covered Vexen's mouth. "Hey! Quiet!" He uncovered his mouth and frowned. "Okay, man, look. Real talk? Backstabbing those guys would be stupid. If they find out, we are yesterday's toast. I mean, what's in it for me?"

Vexen looked down. "Forgiveness."

Demyx was confused. "Huh? For what?"

"Men like us—in the pursuit of science, we sometimes make terrible mistakes," Vexen explained. "Lose sight of our mission to help people. But now I can help someone with my research. Now, I can atone."

Demyx was not interested as he starts to walk away. "I'm not a scientist."

"Wait, wait, wait!" Vexen cried as he stopped Demyx for a moment.

Demyx looked at Vexen and frowned. "C'mon, dude. I'm useless, I'm chicken, we're not friends. I can count the number of times you and I have hung out on one hand—less than one hand! I didn't even know you in the old life!"

Vexen sighed. "Fine, fine! But listen." He whispered something secret to Demyx.

	Demyx was surprised about that kind of secret

Demyx was surprised about that kind of secret. "Huh? No way!"

"It's true," Vexen nodded. "The whole thing was his idea."

Demyx became more speechless. "Huh? No stinkin' way."

"He wants to atone too," Vexen explained about Saïx. "But, he is one of the chosen, so his hands are tied. Hence my actions on his behalf, hence my need for you to act on my behalf should all go awry. As you said, we are far from friends. No one would ever suspect you."

Demyx began to understand what Vexen is saying. "Hmm... So I'm not doing any fighting?"

Vexen smiled a bit. "Correct. And more importantly, no benchwarming."

Demyx smiled back at Vexen. "Ha! Yeah baby! Sign me up." He turned around, much to Vexen's annoyance. "Yes! Demyx time."

At Ansem the Wise's castle, Ienzo was speaking with Ozuru and Rini while looking at the computer screen. "We've come a long way toward reconstructing Roxas and Kirihax's hearts."

Ozuru nodded. "Yeah. But two vessels... Without those... Yeah, right. Bodies don't grow on trees, Ienzo."

Ienzo sighed. "Alrighty. It's the backup plan or nothing now."