Chapter 20

Bruno's POV

My parents house was near Rachel's. Her house was on left and mines on the right, but my house was a few houses down from hers. I kept looking out the window the whole night not being able to sleep much.

It's now morning and I feel exhausted. Gretel came up beside me asking if I need anything. I always told her no. Sometimes mom would try to get me away from the window just so I could get some food but I need to stay to watch for Shmuel.

"Honey please I will watch out the window for you if you'd like just get up and go get some food you need it." My mom said. I huffed in response and got up. She walked past me, gave me a kiss on the cheek and sat by the window. I walked into the kitchen and got myself a glass of water and some bread.

While I was cutting the bread my mom called me. "Bruno! There's a car stopping by Rachel's home!" I quickly ran to the living room and saw she was right. Than I saw him, getting out of the back seat. Shmuel.

Shmuel's POV

It has been a long ass car ride to Berlin but we are finally here. It's been years since I've been here and I remember it perfectly. The town isn't so big just a lot of homes really. Thomas is driving right now while I'm in the back seat telling him where to go. We got to her house. I had him park on the opposite side and I got out of the car first. I still had these damn crutches so I had to grab those too. Maybe wasn't a good idea to come beat assholes up, with a broken leg. I shake the funny thought out of my head and grabbed the bag and took the gun out and tucked it in my pants with my shirt over it. At that point Thomas and Dylan already hoped out of the car.

"So what's the plan." Dylan said.

"Okay I'm gonna walk up to the porch with my gun in my hand ready and loaded I'm gonna slam on the door and if they don't answer I will kick the fucking thing down and start pointing while I start yelling where's Bruno"

"Are you so sure about this, maybe we should just call the police because you are in no fit to be beating or shooting someone with your broken leg." Thomas said.

"Thomas if he's in there I want to get him out right now I'm not waiting around for police that might not even help us." I said. I started to make my way towards her house.

"Wait Shmuel maybe we should make a plan b if shit backfires." Dylan said.

"No guys! I want to get Bruno out of ther-"

"SHMUEL!" I read my name coming from down the street. I turning my body around and saw him. I stood there in shock. Bruno.

Bruno's POV

I quickly ran out to the porch and saw Thomas and Dylan with him. I didn't know what to do I was in shock from seeing him. But after a minute I yelled.

"SHMUEL!". He paused for a second than turned his body towards me. Tears were flowing out at how happy I was to finally see him. He stood there in shock too. I could see he finally snapped out of it.

"Bruno!" He yelled. He started making his way towards me with his broken leg. I started running and we met face to face. He had a tear running down his face. We grabbed each other tightly. He put his arms around my neck as I put my arms around his waist and pushed his crutches out of the way so I can fully hug him. I kept crying and held him tighter.

"Oh my god I can't believe it's you." He said. "I missed you so much Bruno"

"I missed you too Shmuel." I finally let my grip lose and got his crutches so he can stand. After I did that I just stared into his beautiful Carmel eyes. I grabbed his face and pressed my lips to his. God it's like kissing a warm soft cloud. We both pulled away and I started crying more.