/ Twenty | Usual Suspects \

Start from the beginning

"Noire? What are you doing here?" Megan questions, noticing I had shown up.

"Aren't you going to the party?" Robin asks.

"I'll catch up with them later. What's more important is what's going on here," I tell them, glancing at Conner who stood a little ways away from the group.

"There's something I need to do, something I need to tell you," Conner started, turning towards us. "Last month, on Thanksgiving, I went back to Cadmus, found a few things out. When I was cloned, only half the DNA was Superman's. The other half was Human. That's why I don't have, will never have, full Kryptonian powers."

"You sure? Because you sure seemed to have them today," Robin comments.

"I've been using these. Shields," he lifted his sleeve, showing a black patch in the shape of Superman's familiar emblem on his shirt. "They suppress my human DNA. I get the flight, the heat vision, but I think I also get angry. Well, angrier. I'm sorry."

"Where did you get those?" Kaldur asks.

"From my Human father, Lex Luthor."

"Lex Luthor is your dad?!" Robin asks, him and all the others surprised.

"I don't see why it's so surprising. This is totally something Lex would do," I mumbled.

"He's summoned me to Santa Prisca," Conner finishes.

"Ah... listen," Artemis sighs, bringing the attention her way. "Superboy's not the only one suffering from bad DNA."

She went over to the holographic computer, pulling up three separate photos. One of Sportsmaster, one of Cheshire, and one of a retired villain named Huntress.

"My mother is Huntress, an ex con. The rest of my family aren't even ex. My dad's Sportsmaster, and he's sending my sister, Cheshire, to fly me to Santa Prisca too."

"That's why..." Wally drifted off.

"Yeah. I was so desperate to make sure none of you found out..."

"I knew," Robin speaks up, a little bit of fright appearing on Artemis' face. "Hey, I'm a detective. But it never mattered. You aren't your family. You're one of us."

"Yeah, why do you think I helped you out back then?" I ask. "I know it can't be easy with a family like that, so I wanted to help you out in some way because you're still my friend."

"So you were in on it too?" Wally asks me.

"The going after them alone thing? No. But I knew I wasn't going to be able to stop her, so I tagged along in case she needed the help. But that time never came because you guys showed up soon after."

"So, uh, who's next?"

"I am," Megan said quietly, her arms crossed in front of herself.

"I swear I was kidding," Wally muttered, his hands up in defence.

"Queen Bee's been blackmailing me. She wants me in Santa Prisca too."

"Blackmailing? How?" Kaldur questions.

"She knows my true Martian form."

"Bald M'gann?" Robin asks. "Who cares if-"

"No."

Megan sighed before turning into her true form. A large white creature with long arms and legs, the red X still going across her body. Everyone backed up at the sight, but I couldn't help but smile.

Megan hugged herself as she continued. "I realized you would never accept me if you saw what I really am."

"M'gann, did we truly seem so shallow?" Kaldur asks.