Prologue

Disclaimer : All the characters written below are imaginary and a work of pure fiction. There is no resemblance to any incident or situation and is written as work of fiction.

Karan unlocked the door of his apartment and entered the lounge area. Seeing her laugh with his team immediately brought a smile on his face. The best feeling in the world is to see the people you love the most smile.

He came and stood near the couch and looked at her laughing face. He tilted his head and kept adoring her antics , all the 36000 expressions to be specific, till a voice broke his reverie.

"Shall I serve dinner?" he turned to find his cook standing there by the dining table. He looked back at the couch to find it empty. The lounge was empty. Like always. He smiled at himself thinking how foolish of him was to even think that she would be here ,waiting for him.

Since the last 4 years he was always welcomed home by the emptiness and his cook waiting with dinner. Sometimes Omi would wait for him. He was literally the only one he had, to talk to. There were times the silence was deafening to him. He would yearn to hear her voice , her voice yelling at him to wake up in the morning , her voice asking his team to take a coffee break from their hours long meeting , her voice forcing him to have one more parantha for dinner , her laughter when he would tickle her on the same couch , her annoyed whining when he would not stop watching his favorite podcasts , her asking him which earring would match her outfit , her everything.

"bhaiya?shall I serve?" his reverie was once again broken. Like always he smiled at him and lied.

"I have had dinner and come...." And with that he walked towards his room preparing himself to be welcomed by the emptiness once more. A room where she wouldn't be there. His wife wouldn't be there.

He opened his jacket quickly and thew it on the bed and quickly moved to the washroom to take a quick shower. He came out wearing his tracks and wiped his wet hair clumsily and threw the towel on the bed.

"Karan again?again you have kept the wet towel on the bed?" she came and picked up the towel and glared at him pointing at the wet patch on the bed sheet.

He bit his tongue and gave a goofy smile hoping that would melt her.

"this smile is not gonna work...." She said rolling her eyes.

"okay then...." he frowned and took a couple of strides ahead and in no time was standing in front of her. "this might work right?" he shook his head making her face go wet with the drops of water falling from his hair.

"sunny...." she whinned and hit his shoulder. "you are a devil...."

"when did i deny it?" he said kissing her cheek and pulled her into a tight hug cuddling her like a baby. She was his baby.

He came out of his reverie and quickly picked up the wet towel from the bed and kept it in the hook. Right where she liked towels to be kept.

He opened the cupboard and took out a T-shirt and wore it quickly and looked at the drawer. He paused for a few seconds and finally opened the drawer and took it out. He went and stood by the window looking at the night lights of the city and opened the folded paper and read it again. For the last four years he had been reading this every night. Without missing a single day. To an extent that he knew each words by heart. Each and every word was etched in his heart and mind. Still he kept reading it every night. It was the last memory that he had of her. It was the last string that connected him with her. It was the last something that he held onto.

Her last letter.

*****

Note: I am honestly really unsure of this. This story will travel back and forth to it's past incidents and present incidents. Do leave your feedbacks. If you like this and are keen on reading then I will continue.

Love.